My Ibiza Cupra MK4 1.8T 20vt.Big Turbo GT28RS setup in progress

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
I knew that would be the answer :( shipping is crazy for one item if I was going to order a few then I could live with paying the cost :think:

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Been a while since i last updated this thread...

Havent had the time to do much with the car in the past few months as i have been busy at work.

Still i havent finished fine tuning my unitronic remap, need to service the car as it has already 50 000 kms and i am thinking of also replacing the timing belt etc (as its been more than 4 years now).

Got some rear Powerflex bushes that need to be installed along with a custom aluminum catch tank.

maybe the vibra techniques engine mount 200M (passenger side of the motor) and thats it really...

take it to a dyno and see where are we at.

Really tempted to upgrade my turbo to the GTX2867R as its a direct swap and can push up to 480Ps :D...

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
heheh....will do that in the future mate.

Upgrade fuel pump with another one, in tank to avoid an inline one + harness etc etc...

upgrade the engine mount (the one below battery) with a vibra techniques

install custom catch tank

install powerflex rear axle wishbones

etc etc...

all of that if i have a day off work someday in the future.

Right now it sitting in the garage (battery dead again) waiting for a service...

many things to do, but no time :(...still haven't finalized my tune :(

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Small update.

Did the timing belt service 10 000km earlier (50 000kms) since i aint using the car that much.

Had no time to install the rear beam bushes (garage was overloaded lol)

Updated my tune a bit so now the supposedly correct fuel consumption values are displayed in the dash

Removed the engine torque damper to check on that vibration i get during shifting on 1st from stop due to the 6puc clutch disk. Car is a lot quiter now and shifting-riding the clutch on 1st gear is a lot lot better. It also seems to have 'resolved' the issue i was having during shifting over 7000 rpm...
Vibra tehcnics informed me that with the use of a torque damper the engine might twist to an axis that will make shifting more difficult. THis might have been the case as the car seems so far to have no major prob. (ok in Bts shifting with a 5sp manual is a bit difficult over 7000rpm with heavy duty clutch kits anyways)

Ordered the Vibra Technics mounts (LH and RH side of the motor). Already have the dog bone so hopefully with the upgraded mounts all is gonna be well.

Seriously thinking of upgrading the turbocharger with the GTX2867R that i am looking ever since it was released...Doing some research on where to install the fuel pump and filter as i will need an inline one.
Maybe the walbro will be installed inside the engine bay next to the timing belt cover but i need to make it a bit stealth so i need to find a way to mount it...I still havent decided yet but i think i will go for it in the end. Its gonna be the last upgrade for my beeza by the looks of things lol...

Still need to dyno the car and see the results with the GT28RS @ first. Upped the boost a bit with my tuner so overboost is @ 1.7 bar now and it drops down to 1.55-1.5 bar @ high revs as far as i can remember. With all those job trips i havent driven the car that much lol :(

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Hello,

been a while since I last updated this thread...lol.

Well those front grills were MS designs. I think they are discontinued and they were bought for arround130 quid from a local auto parts shop here in Greece. I think its better for you to custom make a set of these instead.

Am working @ Cyprus for the last months so cars sitting in the garage all this time. Bought some Vibra techniques engine mounts to go along with my vibra dog bone. Cars shifting gears without problems with the engine torque damper removed.

Took it for a drive 2 weeks ago as I was back for summer holidays(1week) and changed my tires with a set of paradas as those Toyo T1Rs after ~3000 miles were worn....lol
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/905448_10151782512494505_2015359555_o.jpg

Gave It a good clean and parked it again in the garage lol...

Will start tuning and upgrading the turbocharger as soon as I get back home... :(

Really miss driving & having fun with it :(

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1236259_10152018098339505_957304748_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1236259_10152018098349505_2065072907_n.jpg

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
yep.

I noticed they are a lot lot heavier than the T1Rs...the T1Rs seem to be a bit grippier but the side wals on the paradas feel stiffer. I took the car for a drive in a twisty countryroad, just to break them down by thrashing them lol but streets around here are full of pot holes-worn down so I didn't push the car a lot...

Do I couldn't really compare these two tyres to be honest.

Now back to Cyprus again so, its gonna be a long long time till I use the car again.

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Where can I get the same centre grill

I am not sure if you can find these griles any more.

They are MS Designs.

I was wondering the same think in case someone steals them or something...but then again i would just make some custom ones...

I''ll take the chance to update this thread lol...

Not much has been going on with my build.

I bought a brand new Brembo 17Z porsche cayenne big brake kit ( 334x32)

The calipers are MASSIVE 6 pot monoblocks!!!

I am using some XYZ 330x32 6 pots (after replacing my APs) but those brembos are HUGE...

havent fitted them yet as i am away with work. I will need some wheel spacers to fit those over my Cupra wheels though :(

Also bought some more parts for my new setup as i will be upgrading my GT28RS to the GTX2867R

So R32 throttle body, AGU large port intake manifold to be modified with a large plenum, once again new clutch kit FX400 Clutch Masters "full face" to replace my Clutch Net 6puck sprung which is a pita to drive on a daily basis, gearbox pinion shaft strut (hopefully to help my 02j gearbox last a bit longer), Tial MVS-A version to replace my tial MVS, new DW65V fuel pump, new filter cone, oil catch tank, new remap with flat shift and launch control, Integrated engineering intake camshaft and loads more parts.

Only problem is that i am away from home 1.5 years already and i cant do anything if i dont return first :(

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.