My Ibiza Cupra MK4 1.8T 20vt.Big Turbo GT28RS setup in progress

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Since i didnt manage to get any day off work, had to move my car to Athens so that my mechanic can repair my clutch kit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tomorrow hopefully the car we be ready with its new Clutchnet 6puk sprung clutch kit and ill find out what went wrong with my clutchmasters FX300 :(.

Future plans...Trying to buy a wiechers racing line strut brace to replace my seat sport as i am having clearance issues with my bonned due to the custom engine torque mount support.So hopefully it will be a better fit. Otherwise ill just have to cut and reweld my seat sport brace.
Will try to fine tune my unitronic map, have esp enabled and have the car dynoed, and probably install a second in line fuel pump, upgrade my map and my turbocharger with a GTX2867R once theyre out and we have the first results.

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
So here it is....

FX 300 by Clutch masters clutch disk broken...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeOHMbgfMSY&context=C2faf9ADOEgsToPDskK6xzEmLh88-NKHyVk2sBR9

To me it seems that was a manufacturing error. That round plate securing the springs broke so they got stuck in the pressure plates springs and couldnt shift gear....

I am out of warranty (more than 3 months) but i will try to see what clutch masters will have to say or do.

Too bad i had to pay about 700 euros to have my car fixed :(.

So here it is...3 cracks (in one of which the whole plate broke off) round the edge of the plate where the springs are secured...

Anyways... new Clutch net feels tough...pedal pressure is about the same. I only did 200 miles (including a 2 hour trip) so i still have to break in the clutch.

During downshift in 2nd the engine rattles etc...so yeah its not as smooth as the full face but i hope it gets a bit better with time.

:)

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Got a reply and Clutch masters is asking for me to ship the disc so that they can have it repaired but they are also asking for shipping costs overseas both ways...

Well that doesnt sound nice...if i want a new one then i'll again have to pay loads ...

i was hoping for them to send me a new disc at least...or even take full responsibility and repair mine without having to pay extra from my side...already paid loads...

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
well i emailed them that i refuse to pay shipping both ways.

I am now using the car with the Clutchnet 6puk sprung.

The clutch pedal after 300kms feels better as it was very soft at first and felt like progressively getting hard to push.

now it feels ok.

During down shifting the engine rattles a bit while engaging the clutch...might get better i hope with time as it breaks in properly.

if you do gear shifts fasters you dont feel that rattle a lot. If you go easy it rattles.

oh well, at least the car is working again.

removed my strut brace too and will be fitting a Forge soon to see if i can solve that bonnet clearance problem.

+need to break in the clutch, fine tune and have it dynoed...

Demon tweaked

May 9, 2011
nice build thread man, any updates with the car currently? would water meth not have worked with the stock intercooler?

Last edited:

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
yes water meth would work with the stock cooler. In fact the stock cooler would also be Ok in the wheather arround there.

However arround here during warm seasons it couldnt keep up that well thats why i had to upgrade it.

Currently i am bedding in the clutch kit (nearly done)

Will remove my forge strut brace tonight as well as TIP and ic to throttle body pipe + coil cover kit + engine damper supports to have them powdercoated etc.

Will have to visint Unitronic in the future to finalize my map and have the car dynoed and thats it really.

unless i upgeade the turbo with a GTX2867 lol

Demon tweaked

May 9, 2011
ah ok man, thanks for that. I'm in South Africa in Johannesburg which is high altitude so we suffer a bit up here compared to at the coast. running Devils Own DVC 30 progressive WMI, my intake temps are at around ambient which is around 34 degrees celcius. Also going the big turbo route, i have most of the parts so far just waiting on the pistons and turbo now then we ready. Aiming for 400whp, had a thought about using the stock cooler but with the dual wmi nozzle setup to help the temps. i think it may work.

lol finish up what you wanted then decide on the upgrade. would love to see your dyno graph as well, this thread is really awesome and helpful! Unitronic is awesome! which file are you running? I'll have the 850cc mafless file/tune on the car

Does the strut really help? heard its purely cosmetic?

(Edit this post because acronym is used by twats who is probably posting from the school library? hahahahaha)

Last edited:

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
i believe it will work mate(cooler +wm)

What turbo are you going to use? GTX? or 3071-2871?

i am running the 630cc Big Turbo file as i am using siemens dekas.

The engine torque damper or strut brace? Well i use the car in country roads and i love track days.

For me it helps. For others it might just be cosmetic.

Talking of cosmetic...

Today i took back my new forge strut brace + coil cover + custom torque damper mounts + TIP + TBody ic pipe from the powder coater.

Cant wait to have them fitted...

wish i could have painted my engine valve cover + intake while i was upgrading my engine internals...too late now...maybe in the future lol.

Hopefully i will have a day off work, come back to Athens and have Nikos - Cupraman finish with my file along with Mike Z.

Then-> dyno

heres a random vid running 1.35bar of boost with my beeza too.
Shifting gears very carefully-slow lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij3lV1ZJzek

Last edited:

Demon tweaked

May 9, 2011
awesome updates! loving the progress on the car! watched the video and low boost looks like a handful already, more boost and she will fly!

planning on the PTE 5557 CEA BB turbo. i have 830cc, i think its call delco? high impedance injectors.

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Thanks guys.

yeah the precision would be great.

Myself i am looking forward to the GTX2867R

will see how they perform and i may upgrade my RS with one of them.

My main prob is our gearbox. I think with even more power, it will fail alot sooner :(

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Got back home again (south) so it was time to find some time to install the piping i took for powdercoating etc.

Due to extreme wheather conditions (cold), i couldnt be asked to finish with the parts so i still need to install the strut brace + engine torque damper and mounts etc.

Need to paint the rocker cover + intake manifold in the future to match :)

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece

Got the brace installed along with the engine torque mount so finished with the engine bay for now.

Need to install my Powerflex rear beam bushes
Need to book a fine tune session with cupraman(Unitronic chipped dealer)

and thats it for now...thinking of dropping the gtx idea...and spend that cash in a better motorcycle :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise