My Ibiza Cupra MK4 1.8T 20vt.Big Turbo GT28RS setup in progress

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Fantastic mate! Can't believe I havnt seen this thread before!

Have you any pictures of the instal as you went along? Just to see how the turbo sits and where the outlet points and how the tip is made up? Would love detailed pics!

Was it a big job to do, actually fitting the turbo etc or relatively straight forward?

Thanks!

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Hello guys.

yes i have pics of the built. Will upload when i have some spare time :)

AS an update, i fitted a new intercooler. Inlet and outlet in opposite sides as the one i got with inlet - outlet in the same side did not fit.

THerefore i also had to make new custom piping...so extra money spent lol...

Havent fitted the front bumper yet so theres few things i need to do with the car.

Its too hot arround here so i can do limited things each time.

I finished my custom grounds (extra) i also made some CNC engine torque damper mounts for my beeza so i also need to have them fitted too...

Need to wrap my custom TIP with some DEI insulating tape , then need to take some logs of my setup and finally fine tune it @ full boost and take it to the dyno :)

pics to come soon :)

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
I could send them to you buddy if i lived in the UK lol :(

Yes i have many vids of my built in my youtube channel under

brwmogazos

So new intercooler has been installed

Old layout

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and the new intercooler finished

It was a very tight fit in order to avoid cutting and removing the lower honeycomb grille of the Cupra bumper.

So i would say this cooler was spot on. Anything bigger would not fit as the first cooler i bought (wouldnt fit) with the inlet-outlet in the same side or any other cooler bigger than the one i bought.

new custom intercooler piping 63mm from cooler to the throttle body and 55mm from the turbo outlet under the oil sump (to avoid extra lag by using the stock route) and then to 60 mm to the intercooler inlet.

The front crash bar had to be cut so that the cooler would fit. therefore i had the crash bar reinforced with a 6mm plate welded.

Did a lot of DIY with my Dremel too opening all of the honeycomb grille eyes on the passenger side (left hand drive car) .

Still lots of things to do so ill be busy in the next few weeks in order to finalise my engine bay :).

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Decided to do some progress yesterday so i kinda installed my autobahn88 engine torque damper.

Kinda = today i will be testing it as i didnt really like the bolts it came with so i am getting some stronger ones ie 8.8 today with lock nuts etc etc (bit longer too)

I had to manufacture two custom engine torque damper mounts myself as theres nothing out there on the market for our beezas.

I had them sand blasted and then i painted them with acrylic black paint.

Hopefully today ill check for results. Hopefully shifting gears past 7000rpm will become easier during drag runs :p.

got a few more engine bay modifications left and im done with the 'looks' of the engine.

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
Those mounts are awesome, there really isn't enough people/companies that supply decent mounts and race spec things for ibizas :( custom is the only way forward :laugh:

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
That damper is sweet mate! I was thinking about doing the exact same thing myself a few weeks back, you may have motivated me to actually do it!

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
heheh yes it does work...well not 100% but it does...

So finaly got round to nearly finishing the engine bay even though its dirty as a smelly dog :p

Installed the engine torque damper, covered the TIP with DEI heat insulation (need to cover it a bit more on the lower side as 15ft wasnt enough), rerouted the vacuum hoses and left the FPR vacuum hose without any other connection just to be even safer in case of some leak etc.

So here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=el&v=vsKSxy8Dae0

Will finalize it and give it a good clean and will repost some pics :)

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
small update...
cars parked in the garage as about 2 weeks ago my clutch kit failed :(

after 5000 kms with the new BT setup while accelerating in 2nd gear @ 1.35 bar and let off the pedal, i just couldnt shift into any gear...

No weird noises, no scratches nothing.

Clutch pedals feels fine, gear knob feels the same and nothing. The 2nd gear seemed stuck...pushed it really hard to get it into neutral. Thought my gearbox blew up :p

Got it to 2nd again after too much effort and hopefully got it back home and left it in the garage (was lucky it happened right outside my parking spot)

While the engine is running you just cant shift into any gear. While the engine is stopped everything is fine...

seems that my Clutchmasters FX300 pressure plate is broken or something...

its a shame as i bought it from the states...still only 3 months of warranty is what they give you.

Ordered the red pressure plate (toughest one) and a 6pack sprung disc from Clutchnet this time...so about 500 quid of extra money out of my pocket without a reason :(

Waiting for it to arrive from the states but its already been 2 weeks and it havent left the states yet... :(

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
spec are considered the worse in clutch kits for 20vts...

for tfsi are good...

at least thats what most of the guys claim.

already ordered the clutchnet anyways...its been running fine in ibizas with even 700bhp ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise