My Ovni Ibiza Cupra - Euro / OEM+ - Last updated: 21/02/2010 - Team 280 Club!

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Well well what a stressful afternoon lol.... thanks to my girlfriends patience, brains and ideas or I would prob have no steering wheel and a bad temper right now!

This arrived last week, a valentines present :)

S7003582.jpg

So got busy on removing the old one, spent 2 hours yesterday trying to get the bloody airbag separated from the wheel, and gave up after someone else having an attempt as well.

Came out first thing this morning with a screwdriver handy, and popped it first time within 15 minutes!

DSC05381.jpg

I'm happy to put up a detailed guide for those for need it? These are the springs that hold the airbag and the plastic lugs that hold it

DSC05382.jpg

A bit of time, assembling and an airbag light disabled ;)

DSC05391.jpg

Walaaaa!

DSC05393.jpg

Took a bit of test driving up the moors, and on & offing with the boss kit, to make sure the wheel was perfectly straight, but is now absolutely perfect! funny as you have to turn the wheels loads now from lock to lock lol

Cheers

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
did losing airbag change your insurance?

As I have a modified policy it's just a matter of telling them, no extra charge :) only downside is they would only replace it in a crash with a standard one if it came to it.

Not sure how you would stand with a non modified policy though.... no doubt a different story!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.