My Platinum Grey LCR - Another 14 laps at the 'ring

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice one, didn't think it would be as simple as that.
I've been asking our Miller's oil man whats the best oil for me to use now and he was asking for on track sump temperatures. This will get the info he needs.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
yea, maybe something 0w40 would cope with higher temperatures better? or we could set up a group buy for motec oil coolers :) Found some kits for £150 ish with a thermostatic sandwich plate; when the oil reaches 80 degrees it is diverted to the cooler before re-enter the engine, clever stuff!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
yea, maybe something 0w40 would cope with higher temperatures better? or we could set up a group buy for motec oil coolers :) Found some kits for £150 ish with a thermostatic sandwich plate; when the oil reaches 80 degrees it is diverted to the cooler before re-enter the engine, clever stuff!
Sounds interesting. I will be looking into one of these but more like next year for me as have lots of fish to fry before that one.
Chris is on the case with the oil.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Lovely looking car :)

ta muchly :D

since creating a large void in my engine bay with relocating the battery I've been trying to find a decent size air filter to fill it - just ordered a Jetex open cone, 304mm long, 140-120mm taper :D 100mm entry so I've got a alloy 80-100mm adaptor coming and a few bits of silicon to tart things up a bit!

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
look at "miss hamilton"s readers ride thread - she has gloss black with red glitter - very cool, could do something along those lines for something a wee bit different? I fancy bright orange next time... :D

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
67mm steel tube and then its a cut and weld job. Make sure you get the pieces of exhaust either side of the silencer in a jig before cutting the silencer out so that when you weld in the straight tube, the angles and rotation of the exhaust section do not change.

Is 67MM exact or slideover? i think OEM bore is 65 isnt it, so 67 should slide over right?

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
67mm is exact, 65mm is oem bore, 1mm thickness so outside diameter is 67mm (i'm just going to find the receipt and check this!)

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
haha, I was fortunate enough to have Seats from the beginning! Give us a shout if you need anything :)

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
why did you change from the 182? I've been considering going the other way!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.