Navigation System High now on October Price List

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
I've gone from a high end VAG Multimedia unit in a Touareg (3D mapping, hard drive for music etc) to the standard fit one in the Cupra 280 and while the latter is certainly more antiquated in appearance, I find its functioning fine for my needs. Thought I'd miss the hard drive but have a 32gb USB stick plugged into the media interface which does everything the hard drive did and is a WHOLE lot easier to update (used to have to copy music to an SD card and then copy from that to the hard drive.) I can see most albums' art work (not sure why not all stored albums show it mind?) and navigation is relatively easy. I wouldn't fork out the extra having had the use of both types (I don't use nav that often to be fair) but the SEAT sound system is a fantastic bargain for the quality of sound it produces (especially compared to the cost and quality of the B&O system I had in a previous A4). My tuppence worth...

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Thanks Perkman, good to know that the regular nav system is not as bad as some on the Forum make out. I'm used to Audi A3 Navigation Plus DVD-based system circa 2008, so anything should be an improvement I hope!

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Seat media centre now reporting the tie-up with Samsung at the WMC in barca.

SAMSUNG and SEAT- the perfect alliance to be always connected

Barcelona, 02/03/2015. - SAMSUNG and SEAT have signed an agreement to develop technological solutions to provide total connectivity across SEAT’s range of models. The agreement will take shape in the coming months with the launch of a new SEAT model line-up equipped to keep the customer always connected, with new technological features to be extended gradually to the rest of the SEAT range.

Other agreement provisions enable SAMSUNG to supply SEAT with the basic software to develop its own car apps, to be managed from SAMSUNG handsets.

These vehicles will be equipped with MirrorLink technology and the car Infotainment system linking them to SAMSUNG devices through the apps developed by SEAT. MirrorLink is SEAT’s answer to connectivity between the car and the smart device. Smartphone content is mirrored in the vehicle display in a safe way, with no distraction for the driver, who is afforded access to apps while keeping both eyes on the road.

The devices, the apps and the car infotainment system are the main elements of the MirrorLink based connectivity. Wearables can be added supporting further functions. This agreement with SAMSUNG covers all 75 markets on which SEAT vehicles are sold.

Video on youtube now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1W9h0GwDZg

Last edited:

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
Navigation System High

Have now had a chance to have a play with the hard drive based High nav system in a ST Cupra with sub8 pack at the Geneva motor show. Have to say the unit was very responsive indeed and the maps pinched and zoomed in effortlessly and I was very impressed with the detail of the mapping.

Coming back to the uk later today so will try and work out how to post some photos as took quite a few of the various screens, be interesting to see how they differ if at all, from the current set up?

The ST Cupra in dynamic grey with pan roof looked great, can't wait to get mine, albeit in emocion red.

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
Have now had a chance to have a play with the hard drive based High nav system in a ST Cupra with sub8 pack at the Geneva motor show. Have to say the unit was very responsive indeed and the maps pinched and zoomed in effortlessly and I was very impressed with the detail of the mapping.

Coming back to the uk later today so will try and work out how to post some photos as took quite a few of the various screens, be interesting to see how they differ if at all, from the current set up?

The ST Cupra in dynamic grey with pan roof looked great, can't wait to get mine, albeit in emocion red.

On the sat nav update post there is somebody who has just got a new car with it fitted the last post indicates he may be the first one

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Having that would certainly make it more appealing and if it could be taken as an upgrade on the regular nav (so only ~£500 difference) then I think I'd be trying to persuade the wife, but not at the full price.

On just ordering my new Leon I've got the tech pack offer and upgraded the normal nav included to the Nav 'high' i really hope this has all these features including Mirror link....

I paid + £675 on the tech pack. It has included the 18" spare wheel to take the included 'seat sound' woofer.

Kev

****** EDIT BELOW *****

I've just looked at the online configurator on my desktop PC and the Navigation High lists the following,

The SEAT Navigational System High includes a high resolution 6.5” touchscreen, which controls a 10 speaker SEAT Sound System with CD, Aux-in, 2 SD cards and Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free and audio streaming.
This advanced navigational system also includes voice recogniton, mirror link, WiFi, SMS, DVD playback, 3D navigational view and a 10 GB hard drive so you’re totally at home when on the road. (Requires 18" space-saving spare wheel))

Nice one.

Last edited:

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
has anyone got any idea of how to spot the difference between the two units? I'm in the market for a 280, but none that i'm seeing on the 2nd hand market have satnav high mentioned, although one i am due to look at in the next few days describes itself as having the sound system pack and the satnav has 3d navigation which i believe is not in the standard satnav package is it? (the only reason i want the high version is for android mirroring and the 10gb storage for media).
struggling to find images online of an example of one with the bigger screen to compare against photos of the car in questions cabin.

any ideas?

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
has anyone got any idea of how to spot the difference between the two units? I'm in the market for a 280, but none that i'm seeing on the 2nd hand market have satnav high mentioned, although one i am due to look at in the next few days describes itself as having the sound system pack and the satnav has 3d navigation which i believe is not in the standard satnav package is it? (the only reason i want the high version is for android mirroring and the 10gb storage for media).
struggling to find images online of an example of one with the bigger screen to compare against photos of the car in questions cabin.

any ideas?

If it's on then the resolution will be a lot better than the standard but if not, then it's down to whether you can tell the difference in half an inch ! Oh er missus !!

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015

any ideas?

I have a printed brochure dated February, on the page detailing the headunits it only shows one size on all 6 photos, which I'm assuming is the high 6.5 screen.

The dealer I'm buying from has never seen a high nav before, although new exactly how to order it. They are as excited as I am!!! Another dealer i spoke to knew nothing about it let alone how to price it up from the options list.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
how can you tell? the gap between the edge of the screen and the buttons down each side is marginally narrower, the resolution is noticeably crisper especially the text, pinch to zoom is more responsive, there'll also be a Jukebox option in the source menu and MirrorLink .. i think only Nav High has that i've not used the standard unit.

Last edited:

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
yeah the picture it shows it not being on. in fact the picture is pretty crap and its hard to tell anything. guess i will have to assume its them wording it wrong saying it has a 3d satnav when it doesnt, given that i've yet to see one out there with satnav high.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
The dealer I'm buying from has never seen a high nav before, although new exactly how to order it. They are as excited as I am!!! Another dealer i spoke to knew nothing about it let alone how to price it up from the options list.
it wasn't on the options list when i ordered mine even though it was available. looking down my order sheet they added it on further down. my dealer hadn't seen one either :)

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
yeah the picture it shows it not being on. in fact the picture is pretty crap and its hard to tell anything. guess i will have to assume its them wording it wrong saying it has a 3d satnav when it doesnt, given that i've yet to see one out there with satnav high.
the 3D part is the building display in popular built-up areas. outside these areas the screen can be shown in 2D (North Up), 2D (facing the direction of travel) or 3D (from behind like most other 3D displays). the screen also shows elevation height and the mapping has subtle terrain texture also. i noticed this while driving through the Peak District

Last edited:

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
the 3D part is the building display in popular built-up areas. outside these areas the screen can be shown in 2D (North Up), 2D (facing the direction of travel) or 3D (from behind like most other 3D displays). the screen also shows elevation height and the mapping has subtle terrain texture also. i noticed this while driving through the Peak District

sorry, are you saying that the normal satnav unit can be described as '3d'?

The Stealer is describing it as 'DYNAMIC ROUTE GUIDANCE WITH 3D MAP DISPLAY'
http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/i...9a5c5a12928551fa39da2012&width=640&height=480 is the image of the unit.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
If you google 'seat samsung mirror link' the seat-mediacentre result (can't add a link yet!) says to be on the roads to towards the middle of the year.
So with the factory order waiting time (I've got 11 weeks to go ish) there won't be many ordered prior to now, in theory.