offset pin or opposite pin on chrome indicator bulbs?

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
It's the same front and rear, I just couldn't remember what they were.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/products.php?section=1214

I am buying a few things before I collect my LCR in the next couple of weeks. I want to swap the front and rear amber indicator bulbs for the silvatec chrome ones. However, there are two types: offset pin and opposite pin as shown on the link. Which ones do I need please for a '04 LCR.Thanks

:confused:

the OEM front indicator bulbs are philips silvertecs as standard for the LCR! :yes: (ie. only buy one pair for the rear!)

i put the fronts in my rear and put some osram diadem in the front! ;)

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
James I didn't realise that at all. On the attached photo of a LCR I can still see amber in the indicator though??? Have you any pics of your car with the blue diadems in the rear indicators please?

coche-670908630.jpg

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
the pic above has philips silvertecs in them! :yes:

you can see amber because when light like in th epic above shines on it u can just about make amber out!... look closely at it tho... its mostly silver, it certainly isnt a normal orange indicator bulb is it!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
heres the best 2 pics of them in my car m8...

OE head lamps...

diadems.jpg

HID projectors...

after2.jpg

also found these on net for you...

OsramDiadem300.JPG

silvertecs, diadems, OE...

2.jpg

silvertecs and OE...

3.jpg

OE and didems...

4.jpg

i dont think the pics do the diadems justice!

even with the standard Leon headlamps they look VERY VERY good as you can see the whole bulb and it looks slightly different at every angle, sort of a petrol colour! :yes:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
True. I'm going to copy you I think ;)

u owe me a pint m8, i stopped you from buying 2 sets of bulbs! :yes:

you only need to buy ONE pair of silvertecs or ONE pair of osram diadems and put the stndard LCR silvertecs from the front into the rear (to get rid of that subtle fried egg look!) ;)

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
Thanks alot for clearing that one up for me :)
I think Diadems for the front and Silvatecs for the rear then. You have angel eyes with HIDs haven't you? Did you do both together or start with the angel eyes because of the cost of both? WHich HIDs did you go for? The 6000k ones?

Any pics of the rear with silver bulbs in :whistle:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
yep iv got angel/projector head lamps with a 6000k HID conversion kit.

i started with the new head lamps but they are utter sh*t at lighting up the road... really poor! so i decided to HID them which brought them up to OE strength, but they look soooo much better imo. if ur interested in this have a search m8, i get a PM once a week about my head lamps, i really should ask for a sticky to be made! :lol:

my rear lights...

5340215.jpg

5340217.jpg

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
I like the rear lights too!!! What make are they? ;)

I've heard the standard headlights are rubbish and from what I have read the 6000k seem to be the most popular choice.Thanks for all your help and inspiration...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
rears are RAID HP ones. they are OE crystal style look, and have LEDs... so just a modern version of the mk1 leon rear lights! ;)

i think the standard head lights are good tbh!

but now i have experienced HID, if i ever buy a car without HID i would spend £150 on a conversion kit!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.