Ovni Leon Cupra R - they call it mellow yellow.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Ovni Leon Cupra R – They call it mellow yellow!
-----

Ben finally got round to letting me attack his yellow LCR. I am always up for challenges and this one certainly was. Ben has spent a lot of money on her with mods including, full engine rebuild, S3 interior, hybrid turbo and more wheels that I have had hot dinners! Lol!

Arrived in the morning and the car wasn’t too dirty.

DSCF2638.jpg

DSCF2639.jpg

DSCF2640.jpg

DSCF2641.jpg

DSCF2642.jpg

PRODUCTS
Wash n Drying
Meguairs NXT Tech Shampoo
Meguairs All Purpose Cleaner
Ultra Plush Drying Towel
Various Microfiber Clothes

Body Work
Sonus Green Clay
Chemical Guys Orange Degreaser
Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Autosmart Tardis
Meguairs Last Touch quick detailer
Dodo Juice Lime Prime

Sealants
Chemical Guys Blitz
Ziano Z6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer

Plastics, Rubbers and Glass
Chemical Guys - New Look Trim Gel
Turtle Wax Bumper and Tyre Spray
Tesco Glass Cleaner
Halfords Matt Dashboard Wipes

Tools
Meguiars G220 mk2 machine polisher
Karcher Pressure washer
Snow foam Lance
Microfibre Applicator
Sonus Polishing Pad
Swissvax Detail Brushes
Meguiars Wheel Spoke Brush
3M 3434 Masking Tape

CLEAN PROCESS

Normal clean process then followed.
- Cleaned Wheels
- Clean Plastics
- Wash
- Clay
- Wash
- Dry

The car was littered with heavy containments on the lower sections so liberal use of degreaser and Autosmart Tardis was used. To be fair it came off quite easily but later on in the detail I also noticed that the door shuts had tar marks as well. Something I have never seen that before but it came off easily enough. I also with Ben that when I was claying the rear bumper and front bumper yellow paint was evident on the clay, clear sign it has been resprayed.

DSCF2644.jpg

DSCF2646.jpg

DSCF2647.jpg

DSCF2673.jpg

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The wheels were in pretty good condition. In inside of the wheel was covered in thick layer of dirt and the dilution I was using for Megs APC wasn’t working very well. I switched to Bilberry Wheel cleaner which sorted this out.

DSCF2648.jpg

DSCF2652.jpg

The above two pictures are the car clayed, decontaminated and cleaner that it’s ever been before.

Under the inspection of the halogens (got to buy a new set as one of them perished in Bens hands lol) the car did have swirls. After going over the bonnet with Menz 203S I decided to change my angle of approach. I felt the paint needed more cleaning, polishing and nourishing so out came the Dodo Juice Lime Prime. This worked pretty well and gave the car the gloss it desperately needed…yellow being yellow I knew that the heavier Swirls and RDS will not be seen in every day conditions so this detail changed to an Enhancement Detail rather than a Paint Correction Detail. This worked well as I got the opportunity to clean all the door shuts, treat the plastics and other areas of the car that needed it.

Here are the results…very very pleased with the outcome!

RESULTS

DSCF2655.jpg

DSCF2656.jpg

DSCF2658.jpg

DSCF2659.jpg

DSCF2660.jpg

DSCF2664.jpg

DSCF2665.jpg

DSCF2666.jpg

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
DSCF2667.jpg

DSCF2670.jpg

DSCF2672.jpg

DSCF2677.jpg

DSCF2661.jpg

Detailers Notes
- The lacquer fading problem cannot be cured with machine polishing. Full repray needed.

Big thank you to Ben for letting me detail his car. Also big thank you for watering and feeding me for the day!

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
mint job do mines next;) bit of a trek but:lol: very good work turned out well that makes me want to get into mine:D

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I thought Ben's car was looking particularly shiny at AMD.. this explains it! Nice job Maz :)

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
Did this car run at AMD? Seen it go it sounds awesome just wondering what it produced?