Own a Leon Cupra / K1 running Revo Stage 2+???

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I have the Twintercooler and rate it highly. Did some logging recently and it was running at 9.c after a good thrashing:funk:.

Anything that's more efficient than o/e is gonna help. the beauty about the Forge jobbie is you can easily take it off when your finished with it.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
if its a cupra get the THS. If its a FR get the S3.

S3 Intercooler is a good upgrade for both the Cupra and the FR. A lack of side/side back/back tests does not prove the THS/S3 core to be any better than the other.

S3 intercooler is very good value for money, and would allow the likes of the Forge to be added later if needed.

Poverty

S3 Intercooler is a good upgrade for both the Cupra and the FR. A lack of side/side back/back tests does not prove the THS/S3 core to be any better than the other.

S3 intercooler is very good value for money, and would allow the likes of the Forge to be added later if needed.

The THS is similiar to the APR. Money no option its the THS and the APR cooler everyone would be going for.

However on a FR I think a THS and APR cooler would be wasted, hence the S3.

There have been some issues with the forge twintercooler in hotter countries, the twintercooler had been restricting air flow to that of the AC and Gearbox cooling system sending a TTS into limp mode, ie stacking of coolers. Granted its the DSG system that got too hot. Cant remember what country this happened in, think it was ozzie land.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
The THS is similiar to the APR. Money no option its the THS and the APR cooler everyone would be going for.

However on a FR I think a THS and APR cooler would be wasted, hence the S3.

There have been some issues with the forge twintercooler in hotter countries, the twintercooler had been restricting air flow to that of the AC and Gearbox cooling system sending a TTS into limp mode, ie stacking of coolers. Granted its the DSG system that got too hot. Cant remember what country this happened in, think it was ozzie land.

Well we will probably have at least 10 days of hot weather this year so i will keep an eye on it[B)]:funk:

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Cheers lads! Was just looking for peoples opinions upon their own first hand experience. It seems that whichever one you choose to go with there are big benefits.

I asked the question to JKM as they supply all three coolers. They said they hadn't done much testing on the THS but they reckon the APR and THS are really designed to flow more air than the that of Stage 2 and 2+ and are maybe a little over kill and better suited if your looking to go big turbo in the future. They compared the S3 and Twintercooler and said neither one had 'proven' to be better than each other. I guess it just depends how far you want to go and whether you want to be removing the whole front end or not.

Decisions, decisions....

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
That's what I knew and was wondering why most of the guys in this thread use lower F setting.

All cars that run stage 2+ with all the mods run lower F's to stop the car running lean and with intakes etc you need more fuel, it also takes advantage of the hpfp.

-pseudonymous- i recommend the s3 core i deff noticed a differnece after mine got fitted and not just in lower temps, pickup seemed quicker and overall the car just felt stronger.

Last edited:

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Ares ^ What Rob said. I would think you would need to be running a lower fuel setting too as you live in a hotter climate than us.

Thanks Rob, im seriously considering the S3 as i've heard good things about them so far and i guess i could always add the Twintercooler at a later date if need be. Does anybody know the cheapest place to source one from?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Ares ^ What Rob said. I would think you would need to be running a lower fuel setting too as you live in a hotter climate than us.

Thanks Rob, im seriously considering the S3 as i've heard good things about them so far and i guess i could always add the Twintercooler at a later date if need be. Does anybody know the cheapest place to source one from?

I got mine from vwspeed but looking at their website carnt find it anywhere :(. Try ebay i suppose, they should be around £280-300.

Poverty

Well we will probably have at least 10 days of hot weather this year so i will keep an eye on it[B)]:funk:

Apparently its the more humid climates that suffer. No issues in the middle east apparently!

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
To the S3 cooler boys....
Am i correct in saying i will also need to buy the two additional S3 hoses unless i decide to use my original hoses by cutting the metal ends off them and re-fitting them using jubilee clips?

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
To the S3 cooler boys....
Am i correct in saying i will also need to buy the two additional S3 hoses unless i decide to use my original hoses by cutting the metal ends off them and re-fitting them using jubilee clips?

Yes either you buy new S3 hoses or you cut the original hoses right at the metal ends and use jubilee clips.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.