passenger door lock,mirror and window not working

VAG Diesels Rul

Sep 27, 2008
Hi,
I have recently locked my keys in the car witht he ignition on.It ran the battery down.I have recently charged the battery and the car and all it's electronics work fine except for the front passenger door.The window doesn't work,the electric mirror doesn't work and it doesn't lock when I lock or unlock the car,although the speakers work and the light at the bottom of the door works.I have checkd the fuses and they are fine.I have taken the door card off and all the connections are fine.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Checked the fuses?
I'd disconnect the battery for 10 mins or so then re-connect it, might wake it back up (make sure you have your radio code)

Strange though.

VAG Diesels Rul

Sep 27, 2008
had a go and disconnecting the battery didn't work.Any other ideas?Had a Honda civic before this and had no trouble at all with it!

CamillaA

Lucky I found this page, as I am facing the same problem with my Leon FR. All of a sudden the electric window, mirror & door locking mechanism on the passenger side have stopped working... GRRRRRRR!! [:@]

Have you managed to find an answer to the problem?

VAG Diesels Rul

Sep 27, 2008
Hi mate.Sorry to hear you have got the same problem.I haven't found a solution I'm afraid.I think I might have burnt out a wire or something when I was disconnecting and connecting the battery lots of times.That's the only thing I can think of.

Sorry I couldn't be anymore help.Good luck.Let me know if you have any luck.

mat564

it will either be that your passenger door runs on a seperate relay to your drivers side or you have a wire broken in the conduit that runs from your door to your a post hope this helps . regards mat

CamillaA

Thanks for your feedback on this. Had a the door card off yesterday to check the power flow. My only diagnosis is that the main hub/motor has gone. I think these are "coded", so have to go to the main dealer to get it fixed.. I'll post the outcome on here once I've been.

Oh, another thing. Have you ever had any problems with heat shield under the car coming lose???

Aarrgghh, what a nightmare!!

Apr 20, 2022
Hello, I don't know if you are still active but I was wondering if you ever found out what the cause of the door lock, mirror and window not working was.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.