PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Blimey! I think it's been through more changes than mine has!!

Look's amazing though.

ian_cupra

awesome phil, thought i'd done a fair bit :lol: i need clutch and diff then i'm on almost on par :)

i'm still looking at doing the battery relocation mod, could you give me a full list of everything you got, and where's good to get it please in a pm, if you would be so kind :D

loving the car though phil, by far the best colour

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Bought and fitted a chrome Audi TT front engine cover, basically a cover that sits in front of the manifold around the dipstick adding bling. :D

01-03-06-engine-bay.jpg

Bought and fitted an BMC carbon filter as i wasnt that keen on the dynatwist for various reason...

infoCDA1.jpg

Also ordered a Milltek 2.5" downpipe and 200 cell race cat, then onto stage 2 REVO, should see about 215-220bhp i reckon.

Also ordered coilovers, from Rimstyle.co.uk. 0% finance, buy now pay 6 months later. Job done. FK Silverlines btw.

I've also made a polished battery cover to hide the awful white battery.

DSC00242.jpg

Gonna take the car off the road soon to get the inlet manifold, charge pipe and rocker cover polished, along with the strut brace chrome. BLING BLING!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just a quick couple of pics showing the BMC fitted and you can see the battery cover which needs a bit of polishing.

BMC seems to be doin the job, managed to get a cold air feed on it as well down into the wing which i couldnt with the dynatwist. Sounds like darth vader now, will have to log it to see if its made any difference.

Engine is dirty as hell by the way.

DSC03859.jpg

DSC03860.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just some small updates, nothing major.

Been sorting out a few niggling issues, i had a problem of stalling/cutting out when comin off boost and after trying LOADS of different things to try and cure it i found out the problem. Basically i have a turbo inlet pipe off a mk4 gold turbo which has the same engine, but the pipework setup is slightly different, this causes the dump valve to recirculate back through the TIP too close to the air mass sensor which confuses the hell out of it. causin it to cut out. After a bit of modifying i swapped the oil breather line for the dump valve, hey presto no stalling. :D While i was at it i cleaned the notoriously bad air mass sensor to clean all the :censored: out of it, which lead me to my next purchase, and oil catch tank.

This is the view looking down the inlet pipe from where the air mass sensor sits. The oil makes me nervous.

DSC03870.jpg

Some pics of the catch tank, sexy *****. :D

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

I also replaced the radio because at some point seat put a replacement in and fitted the wrong one, which took out the trip computer which shows mpg, average speed etc...

DSC00225.jpg

I;m waiting on loads of stuff, annoying to be honest, best part of a month now waiting on my downpipe and cat and my coilovers. But the downpipe should be with me next week, no idea on the coilys coz they have to come from germany. Also orderd some 15mm spacers for the rear to square up the wheels.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Finally bits are starting to arrive, its really starting to get to me now, my coilovers are now 8 weeks on from ordering and should be with me next week.

At least i have my downpipe now. :D

Some pics of the downpipe which is from Milltek, 2.5" with 200cell cat. The welds are pure sex, the work is top notch and worth the 360 quid i paid for it. Just hope it adds some ponies.

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

Ditched more plastic bits in the engine bay and fitted my oil catch tank. Also bypassed the N249 valve which serves no purpose at all as it only stores boost and prevents overboost. It also tidied up the top of the engine as well.

Got the rest of the samcos to fit this weekend along with a mk4 golf washer tank which is half the size and a new MAF and some other bits and bobs.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Another 2-3 weeks for my coilovers after the wrong ones got delivered on friday. I'm tampin to say the least. That means its gonna be about 12 weeks after placing the order. I will never use Rimstyle again. But at least i have new top mounts front and back to go on. So i'm happy with that.

Anyway, on with the mods.

Got my header tank and fitted it today along with my Neuspeed dipstick and Neuspeed power steering cap.

Header Tank
DSC00657.jpg

Dipstick
DSC00655.jpg

Power Steering Cap
DSC00656.jpg

I've also got my downpipe fitting this week as well as Stage 2 REVO along with a 4bar fpr.

Also replaced the dodgy air mass sensor about a week ago. Car pulls soooo much harder now through the gears. Well happy.

Should also have my chrome plated strut brace back next week to go on. just hope it fits over the new header tank.

Also added some hoses covers, blue corrugated cable tidies basically. Not sure whether they look chav or not yet.

I've also ditch the :censored: on the top of the engine back and changed from the BMC filter back to the better flowing Green Dynatwist one which suits the other bling more.

Anyway, heres the latest updated pic of the engine bay....

DSC00659.jpg

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
just class phil so much attention to detail its amazing ,it gotta be one of my favs on here bud

so are you done now?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Nah not done yet, engine bay wise, my smooth cover is gettin polished next week, i think i might change the forge oil cap as it looks quite big on the cover, put on my braided fuel lines and generally tidy things up further.

Engine wise i'm trying to save for a proper turbo. lol.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
More pics...

Just a few pics of how it looks now.

I might wind them up a little when they settle coz i think the back is slightly too low.

Need two new tyres ready for the tracking/camber etc... adjustment now.

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC04012.jpg

DSC04014.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise