PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
First brake upgrade...

Finally got some new brakes this weekend, Zimmerman vented and cross drilled and Pagid Fast Road Pads. So far so good as theyre still bedding in. They look quite good for the money i paid, 120 for all pads and discs. ;)

DSC04037.jpg

Also after fitting the suspension the steering and camber was all over the place, so i had 4 wheel alignment, camber and tracking . Top notch equipment indeed.

Heres the before and after reports...

BEFORE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/phi...ra/DSC04038.jpg

AFTER
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/phi...ra/DSC04039.jpg

Now drives straight coz the correct camber adjustment and tracking. Although there isnt any adjustment on the rear it still feels better.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Fitted the mesh in the front bumper which looks good i reckon, extra protection for the FMIC and makes it a little less in your face and stealth, also got new number plates. after sorting the group buy with Dubmeister on here, 30 quid delivered for basically german plates but with an E badge. They also threw in a set of the surrounds for free as well. Get in.

Some pics... (ignore the polish in the grills lol)

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

Also, my polished stuff is taking ages, the guy who i bought my polished rocker from decided to some sort of runner with my money then decided to email me saying hed been in hospital with a apendicitis. As if. So that hasnt turned up yet. Also the inlet manifold has problems, two of the nipples for the vac hoses on the under side have been snapped off, so i've had to drill them out and tap new ones in place.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
do you get a problem with your camber being less than what it should be as standard before lowering ?

your camber is:
Left front: -.26
right front: -.20

stock is
left: -0.30
right: -.30

im finding at the moment with stock settings i am using the outer edge when turning in ot a corner hard, this in turn is making the car very unsettled.

i am thinking of changing camber to around -0.45 on both sides to help a little.

do you have the same problems ?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
do you get a problem with your camber being less than what it should be as standard before lowering ?

your camber is:
Left front: -.26
right front: -.20

stock is
left: -0.30
right: -.30

im finding at the moment with stock settings i am using the outer edge when turning in ot a corner hard, this in turn is making the car very unsettled.

i am thinking of changing camber to around -0.45 on both sides to help a little.

do you have the same problems ?

To be honest its worn down pretty evenly on mine, maybe i dont drive it hard eniough. lol.

I will be gettin it done again soon when i get round to fittin my front ARB and some bushes.

Forge being forge sorted this little problem out in super quick time. Quality service as usual from them.

DSC04098.jpg

DSC04097.jpg

And the new one...

DSC04099.jpg

DSC04101.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
thats very good mate! the new IC looks alot beefier than it did before!. im supprised they let the first one out the factory designed like that :think:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Rear strut brace all fitted nicely.

Some pics, not great pics coz the bling kept messin up photos. lol.

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

Some pics of the engine bay after fitting the rocker cover....

PB070014.jpg

PB070010.jpg

PB070015.jpg

PB070016.jpg

PB070019.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Finally bought a set of rear wheel spacers. 15mm Eibach hubcentric ones. So this will help to square up the track which will help with the rediculous handling.

Pics.

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Started making my gauge pod for the steering wheel this week, bought some flat out chav one from motorworld and hit it with a dremel.

Heres some pics of what i'm doing to get it to fit along with my new gauges. :D

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

Heres where it'll go...

DSC00117.jpg

It still needs some more work, but i aim to get it done tomorrow night, i'll post up some pics when its done. :D

DSC00114.jpg

Next i'll be ditching more stuff in the engine bay. things like the EVAP system and secondary air injection system, things which are only really there to comply with US laws and which only clutter up my engine bay. :D

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Finally got my wipers, first set got lost in the post and the second set arrived on sunday. Not had time to take pics yet, but theyre so much better than the standard rubbish thats on there car and they look better.

Heres some pics of the pod and gauges.

DSC00150-1.jpg

DSC00153-1.jpg

To be honest i'm not keen on it in the place where it is, gonna move it to the lower pillar pod, move the oil temp to where the Cupra R has gauges as standard in the cubby hole. Need to find another gauge now tho.

Pics from steve who's polishing the mani, as i havent picked up my mani yet. :D

20vTmanifold004.jpg

20vTmanifold005.jpg

20vTmanifold006.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just a few small pieces come through the post yesterday and today...

LED's for my gauges...

DSC00172.jpg

Original rubbish v wide angle 5 led jobbies..

DSC00167.jpg

Oil sump plug with 1/8NPT adaptor to fit my oil temp gauge...

DSC00179.jpg

Oil temp sender adaptor with sender attached...

DSC00180.jpg

Pics of my wipers...

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

(They need some product on them to shine them up btw..)

Pic of my latest unwanted mod...

DSC00174.jpg

...cracked windscreen. Which, as i type i'm waiting on the RAC to turn up and replace.

Next up tomorrow is to fit above parts along with fitting my HID's and picking up my manifold and some other removal of bits in the engine bay.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Finally i have a polished inlet manifold! Not fitted it to the car yet as i might hold off until the weather brightens up. By my o my its sexual, top work from SteveG60cab @ Alloy Polishing services in Swansea, highly reccomended.

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

When i fit it i'll be putting on the powergasket as well.

Also on the travels i picked up my 6000k HID kit from davidol_o on here, got home and fitted them straight away. Took about an hour to do, but i took off the bumper and the headlights so i could fit the ballasts somewhere secure under the headlight unit on the chasis. All mounted up nicely and fitted and they look awesome.

In the pics you can see the difference already on 'warm up'. The standard lights are Phillips Power2Night which aint bad bulbs, but they look like :censored: coloured compared to the super white colour/temp of the HIDs. Probably one of my favourite mods yet.

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

Also some pics of the dash now with the LED's fitted to the gauges. :D

DSC00203.jpg

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
phil where you get them LED's from mine are rubish i have dont evern light up proper at night.

looking good still know you done loads to it. will take ages to get to end lol.

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Looks nice Phil. I did a bit of detective work a while back and found your progress thread on SWCC. Its come along way from what it was.

How come you moved away from the BMC filter? Not shiney enough? ;)

I look forward to the further updates

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I got the LED's from ebay, if you search for 501 LED's it should come up with a few.

Moved away from the BMC as it didnt flow as well as the dynatwist when it was open, which is one of the reasons i went for the Jetex.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Decided i didnt like the boost gauge in the middle of the clocks so i've ordered a standard seat gauge pod that fits in the cubby hole to hold 2 gauges, which is what the Ibiza Cupra R has. So at some point i'll need to fill the empty space with another gauge. Plans will be, boost and oil pressure in the pillar pod and oil temp and something else in the cupra r pod, possiblt EGT or A/F.

Also ordered a TT stock shifter, which reduces the throw by about 20% on the gear change, not massive but it'll help.

Been a busy weekend really, fitted my inlet manifold with my TT cover, powergasket plus, oil pressure sender, removed carbon cannister and routed my catch tank so that the oil breather system is totally isolated ending in a catch tank.

So heres some pics....

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

Washer tank cover is missing and everything needs a polish so excuse the dirt, but overall i'm happy. Few bits and pieces left to do but thats pretty much it.

Next is a new turbo as its been eating oil lately.