PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Nah no chance dave, i knew from the moment i started it that it wasnt right, so i should have sorted it out from day one. Live and learn i guess.

I basically took the setup to be all ok when i should have checked and possibly replaced more things.

I mean it was nearly right, just needed a few things doing, still made over 400 horse on a conservative dyno.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I know bill, was a nightmare of a decision to make, but without the proper facilities I cant do anything about it really. I could sit it on the street for another 8 months (MOT runs out) at the most until I could afford the repair but i'd still doing the jobs on the street.

Plus i think my love for doing this sort of thing has gone. I will do it again but not until i have my own place to hide the car away if needs be.

Its not just the turbo repair, theres more stuff that needs doing really to finish it, oil return, head work etc...

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Sorry to hear philW, I just hope you wont regrett the decision at a later occation. Several off my mates have bin in the same situation and ended up by giving up and letting their car/boats/projects go, and evertime we´re getting wasted at the pub they always starts crying about how they miss the good old days

Buy a good quality overall for her and leave the car for a while. I bet you´ll change your mind at some point. (the parts wont go anywhere)

Remember phil, throu thick and thin:D

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Sad to hear this. Car has been an inspiration on this forum for years and inspired many.

All the best and hope you find a new project soon!

Chin up!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I should update this to close it out as the car has pretty much been scrapped now albeit for a lot of the panels like doors etc, wheels, ECU and FMIC setup with Forge Supersize DV.

I'll get some pics of it being stripped soon.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.