Pic request - Black LCR with chrome wing mirror covers

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Seen as I can't find any carbon fibre ones I have lost all patience :cry:

Any pics to give me an idea of how it would look with chrome ones (easy to get) would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

coops10

Sep 1, 2009
Middlesex
www.coops-photo.co.uk
_MG_1012-Edit.jpg

That was mine when I first got it. Shortly replaced them with Black caps from SERE Motors.

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Thanks very much! I'm not sure whether to stick with my black ones or go for chrome! Although I really want carbon fibre covers but they are just so hard to come by.

What do you think with black wheels and chrome covers? (photoshopped your image)

chromecaps.jpg

coops10

Sep 1, 2009
Middlesex
www.coops-photo.co.uk
Im not too keen mate, everyone that saw the car said "I hope your going to get rid of those chrome covers!" lol.

You will notice the chrome rings around the front upper grills too, I also took those off lol.

Here is how it looks now....

_MG_1135-Edit.jpg

adiohead

Mar 24, 2005
england
www.zetecs.com
you signature is MASSIVE, might need resizing.

you can just about get away with the chrome ones because of the S3. but carbon fibre ones look too chavvy, imo

if you want darker wheels then stick with black covers.

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Right ok. You've changed my mind. The chrome grills are horrid lol.

I'll just sit tight and wait for some carbon fibre ones to come along :sleeping:

Thanks a lot for the picture!

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
you signature is MASSIVE, might need resizing.

you can just about get away with the chrome ones because of the S3. but carbon fibre ones look too chavvy, imo

if you want darker wheels then stick with black covers.

My sig? The forum automatically resizes it though right? I'll re size it myself anyway.

Nah mate I'm set on carbon fibre ones they are the boy! I think the S3 looks pretty nice with the chrome covers mind you.

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
I got the chrome covers on my LCR got the platinum grey one.

I think they look really good i bought the car with them on there isnt many of them around it looks different, i like them

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I don't get Chrome mirrors. I think they look stupid even when standard. They look out of place no matter what, even on the S3's and things.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
whats a cat D ?

It means the car was at some point written off by an insurance company as "Category D". Found this on another forum:

The Association of British Insurers classifies Categories of 'Write-Off' as:

Category A: Scrap only - this vehicle should have been crushed. It should never reappear on the road and there are no economically salvageable parts. It is of value only for scrap metal - e.g. a totally burnt-out vehicle.

Category B: The bodyshell should have been crushed. The vehicle should never reappear on the road, but it can be broken for spare parts plus any residual scrap metal.

Category C: Vehicle extensively damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. The vehicle should have an independent inspection before being allowed back onto the road.

Category D: Vehicle damaged and insurer has decided not to repair.

Means the damage probably wasn't so serious as the car is unfit for use, just that by whatever logic insurance companies use to work such things out they decided it was cheaper for them to write it off and give the owner a cash sum back than for them to repair it.