Platinum LCR - Project 'OEM +' Thread - Castle Combe Action Day Pics added

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
Right time for an update i think as its been a while.

Right so i have now had the rear bumper and other little scratches that the previous owner kindly left me with sorted. The pic's below explain all...

Before

IMG_0062.jpg

After

IMG_0104.jpg

I'm very pleased with the results and all over scratches etc are sorted too. Whilst the car was in there i also had the mirror caps sprayed black too.

IMG_0105.jpg

I have also put on my legal pressed plates too.

This weekend i had a track day too. It was my first one in the leon, so i decided to start small, this is a local track near me at Haynes Motor Museum. I had the track day with a group from northloop.co.uk. There were about 10 other cars there ranging from mx-5 to golf mk 2 (stripped out and with accompanying 2-liter turbo engines) to 260bhp diesel fabia (a little insane) and ex police 3.5 V6 omegas. High light of the day was being 0.2 sec slower than BMW M3 around the track.

JamesatHaynes.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7248.jpg

IMG_7251.jpg

IMG_7238.jpg

Next on the agenda is coil overs (after the track day highlighted this is in desperate need!), wheel reburb, new tires (obviously needed now), up-rated disks and pads...thats will do for now.

Was looking at a remap, but i need to be able to stop, handle and use the power i've got effectively before i get any more.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
James I can strongly suggest 23mm front ARB and 28m rear ARB wit S3 strutt brace before trying coilovers
Also Badger 5 2 piece discs, these are awesome and work with Brembo Callipers

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
James I can strongly suggest 23mm front ARB and 28m rear ARB wit S3 strutt brace before trying coilovers
Also Badger 5 2 piece discs, these are awesome and work with Brembo Callipers

Really ive heard mixed thing with regards to arb's, but mainly on other cars...that you lose the feel and when you push the car too hard it just lets go without warning?

Well at the minute I'm running under sized disks on the the front due to the owner before putting smaller ones one to save cost! So need to get that sorted...plus decent tires may help with the understeer...

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Really ive heard mixed thing with regards to arb's, but mainly on other cars...that you lose the feel and when you push the car too hard it just lets go without warning?

Well at the minute I'm running under sized disks on the the front due to the owner before putting smaller ones one to save cost! So need to get that sorted...plus decent tires may help with the understeer...
Holy feck, thats criminal.
I haven't had chance to push car on track yet but feels awesome so far, should have done it years ago.
As said would strongly suggest this before coilovers

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
Yeah tell me about it! It was a woman owner (might get slated for that comment!)

Yeah might be a cheaper option for now...Have you got a short shift too? I mean for £60 its fairly cheap mod, but dont know what there like? What pads are you running with the badger set up?

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
mate, that looks like a go kart track, nice pics though

Well funny you should say that! It does get used as a karting track too...But you no, it was a good place to get to know the car, before hitting a bigger track and faster speeds etc (want too bad, hit 75! Touched 3rd gear once or twice!ha). The MX-5's loved it round there, drifting.

Hopefully doing some of the bigger tracks later this year when i get the car sorted.

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
Nice pictures mate and very good job with the bumper :drool: can't tell its been resprayed from the pictures.

Yeh get used to the power and handling while saving up and definitely get the arbs and strut brace - car will be more planted when turning and your handling confidence will go up! ;)

Then once you're used to the power, remap it and you'll be laughing! :D

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
Re: Platinum LCR - Project 'OEM Plus' Thread - Remap, spoiler and lowering pics

Well time for an update. A bit has has changed since I last posted. I have finally got round to getting and fitting a forge dv, red SFS TIP and a Revo remap too. I have also got a black spoiler to match the wing mirrors, cuffs and collars and blacked out the front seat badge. I have also fitted KW 50/40 mm spring kits too. Very happy with the remap transformed the car, like wise for the springs too. Although the car still isn't low enough, but they will do until the funds allow for coilovers. Handling wise the car is now awesome, even without rear lower arb the car is much more planted, harder ride, but I very happy with the result.

Heres the car after a wash today and how it stands at the moment. Slightly picture heavy...

2010_0417AI.jpg

2010_0417AF.jpg

2010_0417AO.jpg

2010_0417AP.jpg

2010_0417AR.jpg

2010_0417BC.jpg

2010_0417BH.jpg

2010_0417BP.jpg

2010_0417BR.jpg

2010_0417BW.jpg

Next up for the car is cam belt, which is in a weeks time. Then spacers for the rear. After either toying with new wheels, or refurbing the standard and potentially coilovers. I also have a quote for vinyl wrapping the roof black, so enough in the pipe line to keep me and my wallet busy!

Last edited:

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
Re: Platinum LCR - Project 'OEM +' Thread - Remap, Spoiler and Lowering Pics

Just a another picture of how the car stands at the moment since its been lowered (note the keys to show some scale) and a picture of my other interest and means of transport! MTV Cribs eat your heart out! ha

loweredkey.jpg

carscooter.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise