jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Aaron was great to see you again after all this time (I secretly missed you). Hope you get the engine sorted mate, I am sure you will.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
The engine will only be rebuilt if the compression test suggests it needs it. I'll be looking for a big port new valves etc and maybe some cams if I do. The turbo needs to come off whatever i do, I'll start that ASAP... It's possible to have that back on next week but I need to make sure I keep a record of everything because of the filter.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
For the first time in it's life it's now sorned :(

Looks like the filter did more damage than first thought. Compression results about 9bar across the board! Less than 10k on the engine.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Its a huge headache for me at the moment and won't be getting played with for a little while..... Have looked at stroker kits though.

I have a garage full of Parts to put on eBay and I'm still thinking about selling my wheels and interior... It's such a shame Scn no longer has a for sale section but we only have ourselves to blame for that.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Try QED Power in the states for the stroker kit, I bought mine from their.

Thank you, I'll take a look. I'm assuming you can run the same clutch flywheel?

I've been very lazy and never thought anyone would take any interest :(...

My car was featured in the last Redline Magazine the 171st edition it was a 5 page feature with all the specs and pics.

Isnt everyone interested in power?? :)

Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
Thank you, I'll take a look. I'm assuming you can run the same clutch flywheel?

Isnt everyone interested in power?? :)

Hi, yes you can run the same clutch provided the clutch you have now can keep up with torque figures that your looking at running once the engines rebuilt.

One thing to bare in mind is that you will need a remap or a tweak of your current map.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
I hope it's back on the road soon and that you give us a well overdue update. Was nice to see the car in the flesh at UD in 2011; didn't disappoint. Would be nice to hear that it's back to its best...

James :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members