DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Aaron need your advice on something, recently i have slammed my car down low (more so on the rear) it kinda has a look about it that Nick (Skorchio) used to have, however he had 20mm and i have 15mm on the rear.

Just asking really if you have/had had any problems with the outside edge of the tyres slightly rubbing on the plastic inner arch liner. I would say my car has about 3-4 inches of travel from tyre to plastic. On recent inspection it is just a faint dust line, but obviously im slightly concerned it may be dangerous should i choose to cane it on the motorway due to the heat generated etc etc.

The only quick fix would be to take the rear spacers off, but i like the look and stance...and it really is only a dust line. Almost like it is only catching whilst going over speed humps or something.

Maybe i could take the wheels off and cut and flat some of the plastic back a couple more inches but would this lead to a MOT fail? even if i did the job pukka?

Thanks for any advice dude, as i know you have your car low too.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Pah!! It'll be fine mate!

Can you hear it when cornering? Mine is higher than it used to be so doesn't do it anymore but it's rubbed right through the front arch liner.

If it ain't rubbing it ain't..... Er low? :)

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
No not when cornering, actually cant hear it at all really until i go to look at the tyres. did you have problems with your MOT with the arch liner problem? I have half an inch dust line around the outside edge that seems to be making the tyre slightly smooth and shiny.

a) just dont want the arch liner to smash up inside the car if i take a bump or hit a pothole badly

and

b) constantly wear on the tyre giving me a blow out at motorway speeds.

Havent heard from you in a while on here mate, car still running strong?

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Just keep an eye on it mate. I don't think your arch liner will wear out your tyre (your arch maybe), if I becomes an issue with wear raise it slightly or skim a mm off the spacer? Personally though I wouldn't bother just keep checking.

My cars all good mate. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to ditch the wheels for standard rims. I've had a look around and most people have scuffed rims which I really didn't want....

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
A tiny update...

I've decided to keep my wheels (I couldn't find anyone with mint LCR rims to do a swap with), but I'll be getting them powder coated on Wednesday next week. While I'm at it I might even dig out the SEM inlet I have and get that done I'm the same colour and fit that before this years show season.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
A tiny update...

I've decided to keep my wheels (I couldn't find anyone with mint LCR rims to do a swap with), but I'll be getting them powder coated on Wednesday next week. While I'm at it I might even dig out the SEM inlet I have and get that done I'm the same colour and fit that before this years show season.

Good to.see you haven't given up on this Aaron.
He is back in the mix!

Blimey Aaron you held onto that sem for ages! Nice weather again buddy so make sure you making a booking on that garage!

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
a few pics... i always find it hard with a red car to get a decent pic when its sunny but you get the idea.

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Lmao!! I was in two minds whether to post that pic or not but the reflection is almost perfect (and not because I'm in it :))

How's your car going mate?

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Thank you, im still using the three stage sonus products that I got with my Porter Cable. They've been good but they're empty now, I'll chat to Maz next time I'm going to buy some to see what he recommends.

I finished with orange crush, I could smell that stuff all day long :)

tim langley

car looks amazing Arron, I remember seeing it down at totalvag ages ago! I'm going down to see Grieg next week! I'm thinking of uping the power a bit on mine, on a stage1 at the min! does a stage 2 give any noticeable power gains? or would I b better off geting a hybrid?

thanks for your help. tim

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.