Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
I'm hoping karma is going to pick on someone else now.... Quite a bit has happened over the last few weeks. I was involved in an accident on the M1 that will surely write off the Ibiza, i had a hire car for a little while but I now have the Leon back.

I forgot how expensive it is to run.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I'm hoping karma is going to pick on someone else now.... Quite a bit has happened over the last few weeks. I was involved in an accident on the M1 that will surely write off the Ibiza, i had a hire car for a little while but I now have the Leon back.

I forgot how expensive it is to run.
Hope your ok mate, sorry to hear about the Ibiza.

Expensive to run but what an amazing car to have.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
I really should update this more often.... ive had the car back for a while now (and bought a Bora 150 sport), its been a hectic few months but next year ill be getting back to business..

the SEM will be going on as well as a few other mods, i really need to give it a clean too :)

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
hehe if you insist buddy

hopefully youll have had your photoshoot by then and can tell me all about it..... if they need a chase car let me know :)

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
hehe.... maybe i tempted fate with my last comment.

i had a good feeling about my car being fixed, the last thing i would have put the oil leak down to would be a hole (worn through by the clutch) in the bell housing :(

IMG_1204.jpg

clutch cover must have a high point.... notice wear mark but i imagine this is mainly a fllywheel issue

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

hi mate what caused this wear on the gearbox, i have a uprated sachs clutch and it caught the boltts inside the gearbox, cut the bolts down and have renewed the flywheel as that had play in it after a few hundred miles of use :(

also where you get the solid flywheel from, i have put another dmf in mine but in the future may upgrade it to a smf,

thankyou

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Hi, sorry for the delay. Something had come loose on the assembly, the bolts were not catching.

The flywheel was supplied by jabba, they do
Make your gearbox noisy but it's par for the course.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Hmmm, who told you that? Thinking about it mate. It would be a part ex with someone with LCR rims in good/mint condition as I'll need something on there going round :)

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
^^^hey Aaron, hope you dont mind, but can i ask a few questions about your Sportecs?

What tyre size are they
I know 19" Sportecs are lightweight, so they should weigh about the same as LCR standard 18s?
what do you pay tyre wise on them? Much more than 18s?
did you notice a difference driving with them over the 18?

cheers mate

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Hi Bret

They're 235/35/19... If I remember they're about £150 each for vredesteins. I thought they were lighter than the LCR rim but I'd have to weigh one with my spare to be sure. I didn't notice that the ride was any harsher, or noisier... It did seem a bit quicker to turn in but then I did have spacers on my old rims.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise