paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
where you get your kit from mate? i really want big turbo, i had my engine bored to a 1.9 with new pistons,valves, also had supertech valves and valve spring as well as head ported an polished and i think a hybrid wont be using engine to its full, can you still drive it as a daily driver?
what clutsh going for next?

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
i hope so, i think there was a 12 in it anyway. i may get the SEM and WMI sorted while the car is off the road.

12 from a fully equipped road car.....imagine what you could achieve if you were to put it on a diet. :whistle:[B)]:whistle:

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
where you get your kit from mate? i really want big turbo, i had my engine bored to a 1.9 with new pistons,valves, also had supertech valves and valve spring as well as head ported an polished and i think a hybrid wont be using engine to its full, can you still drive it as a daily driver?
what clutsh going for next?

I wouldnt put a hybrid on if i had just spent the money you have... that would be a total waste..... safe though :)

i wont say where my kit came from as i refuse to give them any advertising, i cant believe theyre still in business. i would highly recommend the GT2871R though and if i were you i would go for that. as far i know (i dont think hes changed it) Buch is running his at over 400bhp.

i think it drives better now, so much more drivable with all the power coming from the top end rather than a kick a 3K

ill be sticking with the Sachs clutch, it was doing a great job.

12 from a fully equipped road car.....imagine what you could achieve if you were to put it on a diet. :whistle:[B)]:whistle:

i have had thoughts of dieting, i want to sell my interior in favour of some lightweight buckets soon.

Last edited:

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
ok mate cheers, been looking around but they kits are really expensive, it seems the downpipe is a crazy price, and the oil and coolant lines, will have to keep looking,

i think 400 will be a realsitic figure in mine with all the engine work i had done,

how do you like the mapping and you getting water meth mapped for power or to lower egt and ait?

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
ok mate cheers, been looking around but they kits are really expensive, it seems the downpipe is a crazy price, and the oil and coolant lines, will have to keep looking,

i think 400 will be a realsitic figure in mine with all the engine work i had done,

how do you like the mapping and you getting water meth mapped for power or to lower egt and ait?

The Revo map is great, i love playing with it. i initially used the WMI for cooling as i was seeing some huge EGT figures when running the Stg2 setup, EGTs are not a problem now, when i get it all sorted ill be winding the timing up to see what gains are to be had.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
400bhp from a gt2871
you really think this is achievable?

mid to high 300's is reality unless you go to a very very happy dyno to achieve such optomistic figures

buchbdm numbers are 320atw region which had massive rolling losses added (in excess of 100bhp! ) - Real numbers seen have been 370-385bhp from 1.8bar boost levels, to break past that, gt3071 was needed from what I have personally seen.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
400bhp from a gt2871
you really think this is achievable?

mid to high 300's is reality unless you go to a very very happy dyno to achieve such optomistic figures

buchbdm numbers are 320atw region which had massive rolling losses added (in excess of 100bhp! ) - Real numbers seen have been 370-385bhp from 1.8bar boost levels, to break past that, gt3071 was needed from what I have personally seen.

basically no, it went against all the research i had done when buying my kit but im never one to say yours never did that or the rollers must be wrong. thats why i said over 400 and i dont know if hes changed his turbo. i wasnt aware of the losses added, what rr was that?

we have seen some amazing figures of late with smaller turbos running loads of timing and water meth.

i would still recommend the GT2871 though..

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
basically no, it went against all the research i had done when buying my kit but im never one to say yours never did that or the rollers must be wrong. thats why i said over 400 and i dont know if hes changed his turbo. i wasnt aware of the losses added, what rr was that?

we have seen some amazing figures of late with smaller turbos running loads of timing and water meth.

i would still recommend the GT2871 though..

the dyno of the 400bhp one is in his build thread. the losses are huge over the atw figures (which are realistic) I dont know which dyno it was. Difficult to see how 341-344atw grows into over 440bhp, but hey ho :rolleyes:
IMG_0796.jpg

i am not seeing massive numbers on my dyno, on cars with all the trimmings, wmi etc etc, but they do correlate to airflows, and std cars are still making std power on the same dyno. there is so much overstating of figures about these days.
gt3071 on the same BD hardware, on 2ltr leon cupra, 375atw, and a realistic 412bhp on my rollers.. http://www.badger-5.com/bin/Dyno/DynoIT - S400LCR.pdf believe what you will. i know reality however.

gt2871 is reasonable turbo for sure, on 0.6x hotside its pretty drivable, but gt3071 is not that diferent on 0.6x hotside and give so much more. tough call for me over the progression from 2860 to 2871 to 3071. I personally leap over the 2871 to 3071 and leave the 2860 as entry level

just folks who get "sold" a 400bhp kit and in the same breath 2871 is mentioned, they will be dissapointed when it falls way short of their 'goal' unless its dyno'd on the same happy as hell dyno of course :p

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
the dyno of the 400bhp one is in his build thread. the losses are huge over the atw figures (which are realistic) I dont know which dyno it was.

i am not seeing massive numbers on my dyno, on cars with all the trimmings, wmi etc etc, but they do correlate to airflows, and std cars are still making std power on the same dyno. there is so much overstating of figures about these days.

gt2871 is reasonable turbo for sure, on 0.6x hotside its pretty drivable, but gt3071 is not that diferent on 0.6x hotside and give so much more. tough call for me over the progression from 2860 to 2871 to 3071. I personally leap over the 2871 to 3071 and leave the 2860 as entry level

just folks who get "sold" a 400bhp kit and in the same breath 2871 is mentioned, they will be dissapointed when it falls way short of their 'goal'

i was worried about the potential lag of the 30 which is why i took the path i did, maybe in hindsight i shouldve gone down that route but TBH my car is quick enough for me which is why i havent been bothered about the SEM and WMI until now.

i havent been on here much recently Bill so i didnt realise you had a RR now.. has it had much use?

To be fair to the company where i bought mine, it was sold as a 350-380bhp kit, its the only thing they were good at.

Aaron you are overdue on the car mate...we still need to sort out a date.

well overdue Maz, it would be good to catch up too

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
my dyno is being used a lot yes.. so glad i have one of my own now its superb to have the tools to try stuff out properly.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
i can imagine how invaluable it could be, especially for someone like you. Again forgive my ignorance, have you held any RR days yet? any plans for any future days? I fancy a look around.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I have'nt yet hosted any Rr days, SCN will be the first.. in a short while.. Need to get holiday season out of the way and clear some big jobs then we're good to go.

the dyno is used regularly on cars coming through.. its pretty available to use.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
I have'nt yet hosted any Rr days, SCN will be the first.. in a short while.. Need to get holiday season out of the way and clear some big jobs then we're good to go.

the dyno is used regularly on cars coming through.. its pretty available to use.

i dont know why i didnt reply to this, sorry Bill... i fancy being a little more sociable in the coming year, a different RR with SCN should be great. hopefully ill see the thread when you decide to do one.

on a side note, my car finally moved off the drive today... its now parked in TotalVags garage until the Diff and clutch have been sorted. ill look forward to getting it back and having a play. i think its almost been 3 months since it moved :(

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
hehe.... maybe i tempted fate with my last comment.

i had a good feeling about my car being fixed, the last thing i would have put the oil leak down to would be a hole (worn through by the clutch) in the bell housing :(

IMG_1204.jpg

clutch cover must have a high point.... notice wear mark but i imagine this is mainly a fllywheel issue

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.