Problem: Car not running right.

robcool

still singing in the rain
Sep 4, 2008
retford
cheers for that that was the one i was on about i will get one and fingers crossed it is that!

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The thermostat is in the block, right next to the water pump, and in the housing which the radiator bottom hose attaches to. There is no electrical sensor in the thermostat housing.

The metal pipe manifold on the right-hand end of the cylinder head is just a means of connecting a lot of coolant pipes together in one place. The sensor unit in that manifold contains two separate electrical sensors, the coolant temperature sensor G62 (output goes to the ECU) and the coolant temperature gauge sensor G2 (output goes to the temperature gauge on the dashboard).

The only other coolant temperature sensor that I can think of is in the radiator, and is a thermoswitch connected directly to the fan control module.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
If it's a generic stage 1 map, then you can fit the panel filter before or after. It helps the engine breathing so will probably free up the flow of air at higher revs.

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
kool well the guy is coming tomorrow to do the remap talked my mate into getting it done too he has a TDi leon so we both can't wait. After that my kit car comes off the road so will be playing with that for next year.

cheers guys

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
well the fans are aorking on the car, and the temp gauge in the dash is working, sound like i should look at changing the collant temp sensor g62! how ever are you on about the 1.8 cupra r setup under the bonnet?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Follow the link Lee put up. There is only one unit, containing two sensors, so you have to change them both together.

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
yeh i hav got one on order just witing till i get home to fit the part now, not to much on the wallet.

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
Car didn't pick up speed fast at all

hey

Went to get my car remap today and the guy couldn't do it :( but didn't know if it was coz i had a fault with a coolant sensor?
Any the main problem was when i went to park the car the car wasn't well at all!! it didn't pick up speed fast at all and couldn't hear the turbo winding up ever? NOT HAPPY!!!! had a look around see nothing wrong everything was on and in the right places, the car is boosting but i hav a forge split-R DV on and didn't hear that dump so cant be boosting that much.
I sat in the car put my feet full down on the clutch and then put my accelerator full down and the car would only rev to about 5500rpm???? the ecu light isn't on which it was before for the coolant sensor took it for abit of a drive and the light didn't come on, which when i got the ecu reset the other day to see what the fault was the light came on afew a little drive?
I just hope that the money saved isn't gonna be the money to spend getting the car sorted, anyone got any idears? mate things its gone into safe mode (limp mode) but can't see how when no ecu light is on.
Please help someone!!

rob

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
aup peeps

not happy!! guy came to remap today and it wouldn't work, he didn't know if it was because the ecu light was on for a coolant sensor, (Which went off after he pluged his computer in).
Well went to drive the car and the car didn't do much speical like a cupra r should do, car didn't seem to boost up, checked under the bonnent everything ok, but when i sit still in the car with foot full down on the clutch and the full throttle the car only revs to about 5500 rpm?? my mate things its gone into limp mode any idear people??

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
torque tronix!!!!

Not happy ate all like i said my mate seems to think its gone into limp mode but can't see why when there is no ecu light on! the guy didn't remap it coz it would let him when he was trying ti identerify the ecu so no map was taken off or put on!!

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
I might be a little ignorant here but I've never heard of torque tronix when it comes to remapping VAG cars. Perhaps try a more popular company?

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
torque tronix's

:confused:

aup peeps

not happy!! guy came to remap today and it wouldn't work, he didn't know if it was because the ecu light was on for a coolant sensor, (Which went off after he pluged his computer in).
Well went to drive the car and the car didn't do much speical like a cupra r should do, car didn't seem to boost up, checked under the bonnent everything ok, but when i sit still in the car with foot full down on the clutch and the full throttle the car only revs to about 5500 rpm?? my mate things its gone into limp mode any idear people??

:cry:

I might be a little ignorant here but I've never heard of torque tronix when it comes to remapping VAG cars. Perhaps try a more popular company?

:yes: Always stick with the major companies or ones that get good reviews on forums etc

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members