Problem: Car not running right.

robcool

still singing in the rain
Sep 4, 2008
retford
Need help with a fault!!!!!

hey people

I need help as my LCR isn't proforming as it should it will only rev to 5500rpm, and its like the turbo isn't winding up, there is no smoke or nothing like that nor any warning signs, just ran fine one day next day like this. i have checked the end float on the turbo all the vaccum pipes just don't know where to look next??
I am thinking that the waste gate isn't sitting correctly or is broken i am thinking about taking it off but wouldn't see anything (i don't think) and it an expensive item just to change,
Just need some guildance where to look next? has anyone had a turbo go? if so what was the sign? Has anyone had there car in limp mode and what did it do in it(how do u get it out of it)? there are know warning signs on the dash ever bnut i know the coolant sensor need changing but that has been like that for ages.

come on people i am missing the LCR power and enjoyment.

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
Help needed!!!!!

hey people

I need help as my LCR isn't performing as it should it will only rev to 5500rpm, and its like the turbo isn't winding up, there is no smoke or nothing like that nor any warning signs, just ran fine one day next day like this. i have checked the end float on the turbo all the vaccum pipes just don't know where to look next??
I am thinking that the waste gate isn't sitting correctly or is broken i am thinking about taking it off but wouldn't see anything (i don't think) and it an expensive item just to change,
Just need some guildance where to look next? has anyone had a turbo go? if so what was the sign? Has anyone had there car in limp mode and what did it do in it(how do u get it out of it)? there are know warning signs on the dash ever bnut i know the coolant sensor need changing but that has been like that for ages.

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
been to the garage and they shaould everything is sound eletrical its something mechanical wrong with it! soapy water to see if the vaccum pipe are leaking? dont know if the waste gate can be change without the turbo too? there is a adjustment that can be made mitgh play with that?

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
well i can't see them at first so tried again but none of them are there now so gonna do it again in a min if they aren't there soon

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
Is it my turbo???

third time luck my forums aren't showing on the website so sorry if i have see the same question before.

anyway

I need help as my LCR isn't preforming as it should it will only rev to 5500rpm, and its like the turbo isn't winding up, there is no smoke or nothing like that nor any warning signs, just ran fine one day next day like this. i have checked the end float on the turbo all the vaccum pipes just don't know where to look next??

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
ops well i cant see it and i have just done another and cant delent it not sorry people.

it been one of them days i am not happy ever as the car isn't well too

Last edited:

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
do you have or know someone that has VAG COM, you don't always get a warning light if it goes into limp mode. Get someone to scan for fault codes if you can.

robcool

Sep 4, 2008
retford
yeh cheer just been told however its a different thread i what to start, because if a differnt problem that has just happend nothing to do with the engine management light, but sorry for the comfusion.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.