ProEm fitting cupra handbrake cover?!

vagfam1

Apr 23, 2008
Hey guts i bought the cupra handbrake cover the other day and I'm having trouble fitting it? I ve looked around on here but everything that's on here doesn't seem to be of any help, I'm trying to remove the whole handle and plastic gaitor from a 2002 tdi sport.
All help appreciated
matt

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
if you feel on the underside of the handbreak grip, towards the back there is a square with 3 side cut. lever this down with a screw driver the pull the handbrake grip and gator of towards the front of the car

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hey guts i bought the cupra handbrake cover the other day and I'm having trouble fitting it? I ve looked around on here but everything that's on here doesn't seem to be of any help, I'm trying to remove the whole handle and plastic gaitor from a 2002 tdi sport.
All help appreciated
matt

I'm sure this is on the forums (Its where I got my guide.)
Its nice and easy, If you put your hand on the handbrake like you normally would with your fingers wrapped underneath it then slit it back to where the plastic gaiter bit is there should be a ridge, if you can look underneath you'll see a plastic clip type thing.

Whack a screwdriver in there bend it outwards (Towards the floor) and pull the plastic handbrake bit towards your gearstick, it might be stiff but it should come off in the end.

vagfam1

Apr 23, 2008
Cheers guys, that's what I looked for and there is no cut out at all under the grip which I though was really wierd? Anyway I managed to yank it off in the end and whilst doing so, put my elbow through the windscreen! Lol, autoglass recieved a call shortly afterwards and I was told that replacement screen can't be done in the evenings so have to wait untill tomoro where my wallet will be £75 lighter, kind of a blessing in disguise really because the screen was scratched by the wipers over the years and has been driving me nuts!!

Cheers for the replies guys

Matt

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.