Removing Brembo's, Update, refurb finshed, pic's inside

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Hi all,

How hard are the Brembo calipers to remove from the car, i assume i just remove the pads, undo the bolts and brake lines and thats it.I searched around but could not find much and i have visions of brake fluid going everywhere.

Anyone have expierence with this?

Ta

Last edited:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
remove caliper to carrier bolts x2 on each carrier the brembos will slide off afaik, on the lc theres 2 guide pins into the carrier, on my porsche brembos 2 allen bolts into the carrier then the are off.
if you undo the lines try and clamp them to save fluid going all over.

careful with the bleed nipples, alittle bit of anti seize on them before removal helps.

once slid off theres a pad pin holding the pads in, undo this and the pads will drop out.

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
I had both my fronts off a couple of weeks back and its easy!

Take the pads out in the usual manor, undo the 2 10mm allen key bolts that hold the caliper on (but don't unscrew them all the way just yet!), then undo the 11mm brake line bolt until its totally unscrewed and then finish off unscrewing the 10mm blots.....job done!

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
Thanks, i didn't think the fluid would come gushing out as there is no pressure in the system, more of a drip.

Turst me, it'll run out given half a chance, so always worth while just clamping the hose. You can get a clamp from somewhere like Halfruads for a couple of quid and its something you're bound to use again at some point.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
yup, to rid of any airlocks you gain from disconnecting the calipers, and there will be air getting in clamping or not. just keep an eye on the reservoir to make sure you dont loose loads of fluid and risk running it dry.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Ok doki, gonna do this tonight, thanks for info.I amd going to give my Brembo's new paint, decals and lacqaur as they are currently in shite.

May I suggest just cleaning the caliper down (thoroughly), mask the caliper on the car, apply new lacquer.......you'll be amazed at the results. Pink calipers look brand new and red and glossy, even if you have patches of old lacquer it covers in very neatly. I know what I suggested sounds like half a job but it's surprisingly effective.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
May I suggest just cleaning the caliper down (thoroughly), mask the caliper on the car, apply new lacquer.......you'll be amazed at the results. Pink calipers look brand new and red and glossy, even if you have patches of old lacquer it covers in very neatly. I know what I suggested sounds like half a job but it's surprisingly effective.

The decal has a big scrape going thru it, so unfortunetly for me i have to fully clean them down and respray, otherwise as you say it would have just been a quick lacquer refurb.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.