removing front bumper on Leon Cupra TDI pics

NI3K

Nov 19, 2009
Was wanting to change my headlight unit for a new one as part of it was cracked. couldnt see many pictures of a cupra tdi being dismantled. i took these pics as i was putting it back together as when taking it apart was pretty much winging it.

anyone have any ideas why the sidelight would be duller on the new headlight unit? have tried a different bulb but same result!

Did it without removing the wheels or jacking off the ground
tools needed were
T25 and T30 Torx heads with a few different adaptors for the different bolts
13mm socket
philips screwdriver

prise off this plastic cover on bumper at front either side to expose these T30 screws
04012010538.jpg

use T25 torx to remove the screws around the liner attached to the bumper, i was able to access these with wheels on by turning the wheels to give more working space for the screws beside the wheels
04012010537.jpg

there should be a few screws along the underside of the bumper,
04012010535.jpg

on the outside of the foglights at either side there are philips headed screws to remove to access bolts and torx heads behind the grille
04012010539.jpg

with the fog grilles removed you can access these bolts/torx heads, remove these and the bumper should feel a bit more loose
04012010531.jpg

obviously foglights and temperature sender? will need to be disconnected aswell but i only had to drop it down a few inches to get access to the headlight unit.

anyone have any ideas why the sidelight would be duller on the new headlight unit? have tried a different bulb but same result!

NI3K

Nov 19, 2009
scrub that, realised i wasnt paying attention when i changed the bulb i thought was out, was a different bulb in the sidelight so switched over and voila problem solved.

Last edited:

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
Any idea how you get the 2 slatted grilles out of each side of the SEAT badge grill? one either side of the headlight? Save started a new thread? I wanted to paint mine to match my SEAT badge grill i painted but couldnt get them out?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.