Reverse Light bulb and Headlight bulbs

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
I have searched but cannot for the life of me find a post someone write about changing the bulb in the reverse light for a more powerful one. It's lunacy how dim it is, so if anyone knows where this post was, or in fact has the info to hand, I'd appreciate it!

And...while we're on the subject, I have normal headlights (i.e. not xenon or HID) and they are utter pants. Has anyone any recommendations of replacement bulbs that are more effective?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Ask and you shall recieve :)

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=149387&highlight=reverse+light

Just do an advance search for reverse light and select mk 2 forum only.

You aren't actually supposed to be able using it by the way, just an indication to other drivers.

Some people reckon switching the fog light on works, I used to tap the brakes and use the brake lights.

Alternatively you can get a cheap reversing sensor for about £60 now.

thestonegate

Dan & Khym
I'm running IPF Super J Beam Headlight bulbs, for High Beam, Main Beam & Fog Lights, so they all match, and *** what a difference, HID look for less money!

Also my reverse light is Phillips Vision Plus - 80% brighter, alot better and safer, Have the same in my Rear Fog Light too, seeing as though they come in pairs!

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Excellent, thanks guys, that's great.

Incidentally, I did use the advanced search and looked for "reverse" but that did not come up, weird!

I too use the brake lights sometimes, as I am usually not doing high speeds so I reverse with one foot on the brake, changing speed with the clutch. But, it would be good to be able to see! I have sensors, but my other half's parents live down a dodgy lane with pot holes and no lighting, so sensors do no good when a ditch lurking!

IPF Super J Beams huh? I will have to go shopping this weekend me thinks! Are they really that much different? I hope so, as today I almost had to stop in the road when another car came (and I couldn;t use main beam) as I could hardly see anything!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
The first thing I did to mine was swap the stock bulbs for Osram Nightbreakers.. I really recommend them, used to have them on my old car as well! :)

JayTse

A Natural Petrolhead....
Dec 4, 2008
Runcorn//Barnsley//Newcastle
in my old headlights, i used the 90% brighter extreme brilliance bulbs from halfords.. when i went at the beginning of this year, they had a buy one get one free offer on the bulbs!..

well worth the money and even so, at half the price.. (normally for both ~ £40)

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
in my old headlights, i used the 90% brighter extreme brilliance bulbs from halfords.. when i went at the beginning of this year, they had a buy one get one free offer on the bulbs!..

well worth the money and even so, at half the price.. (normally for both ~ £40)

I have just bought these exact bulbs from Halfords, the Extreme Brilliance on BOGOF. Bargain. Now...all I need is some darkness so I can tell if they're any brighter! :blink:

andyffc

I have just bought these exact bulbs from Halfords, the Extreme Brilliance on BOGOF. Bargain. Now...all I need is some darkness so I can tell if they're any brighter! :blink:

They are.

Like both of you guys, i got the same deal at halfrauds at the start of this year.
These bulbs are deffo brighter.

I had HID's fitted three days ago and to tell you the truth the Halfords bulbs seem brighter.

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
I'm running IPF Super J Beam Headlight bulbs, for High Beam, Main Beam & Fog Lights, so they all match, and *** what a difference, HID look for less money!

Also my reverse light is Phillips Vision Plus - 80% brighter, alot better and safer, Have the same in my Rear Fog Light too, seeing as though they come in pairs!

You got any pics mate...Do they look whiter than the standard????

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members