Software Update from Dealership has messed up my car

Oct 8, 2022
So i My Seat Leon Fr 2020 in to have my annual service and do the recalls and they updated the software which messed my car up. I'm getting about 10 headlight faults, the indicators aren't in sync anymore, the back light bar doesn't turn on anymore, cruise control doesn't work and my headlights are permanently switched on. Additionally full link is broken and the in car nav doesnt load anymore either

Has anyone else had this happen to them. They said they don't know what happened and will speak with their technical team.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Useless garage didn't follow the update process i supposed. Make sure you escalate to UK Seat customer service you have it logged. Hopefully everything gets resolved soon 🤞🏻

Reactions: mty12345

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
So i My Seat Leon Fr 2020 in to have my annual service and do the recalls and they updated the software which messed my car up. I'm getting about 10 headlight faults, the indicators aren't in sync anymore, the back light bar doesn't turn on anymore, cruise control doesn't work and my headlights are permanently switched on. Additionally full link is broken and the in car nav doesnt load anymore either

Has anyone else had this happen to them. They said they don't know what happened and will speak with their technical team.
Had the same problem. Take it back to the service and tell them what issues you encounter. In my case, they reconfigured the car (took 1.5h for the software to finish) and it was fine again.

Also, make a list of missing features. For me, the car basically went baseline with ACC, DCC, satnav, full Link, adaptive headlights gone :)

Reactions: masprodv1
Oct 8, 2022
Had the same problem. Take it back to the service and tell them what issues you encounter. In my case, they reconfigured the car (took 1.5h for the software to finish) and it was fine again.

Also, make a list of missing features. For me, the car basically went baseline with ACC, DCC, satnav, full Link, adaptive headlights gone :)
Yep that's whats happend. I took it back and they reconfigured the car and all my features were back thankfully !

Reactions: adrianator
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.