Strange boost problem (17704) fault code

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
Hi all,

Really need help with this one, just as i cleared all the codes off my car and sorted it all out, the car has been driving superb, have had no troubles at all. Until yesterday night, and mainlky today now, when i put my foot down between 2 -3.500 rpm the boost stutters badly. So on my way home today i stood on the accelerator again, bad stuttering but sometimes clears. Then i looked on the dash and the engine management light was flashing at me, then it went off.

I did it again, same thing happened and it goes off. Plugged my fault code detector in, all it came up with is the 17704? How could this affect boost????

And is it dangerous to keep on driving it like this?? Please help

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
infact it feels like the TCS is kicking in, but more on and off, on and off type thing then pulls again, its really digging at me. Could AMD sort this???

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
Its a coil pack mate, not failed but on its way out. Wifes car had EXACTLY the same thing you are describing, including the EML, new coilpacks and was a new car :)

About £80 for 4 from GSF or ECP, do them all as once one is on the way out it seems to affect the others.....

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
cheers scooby :) just put the fault code reader in and it came back with 16648 misfire problem. More commonly linked to as you said, coil pack :) ill let you know. Thanks again

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.