SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Sep 21, 2022
If it hasn't been fiddled with already to change its train to 4*. See what others say. I fell into the trap last time that someone had a fiddled box. Once fiddled off the train a standard mib2 can't continue on that train without more fiddling. It's just not a normal update. It was spotted by the part number.
Well I bought the car brand new back in 2018, so I haven’t fiddled with it.

But I don’t know if any updates were done to it while it was being serviced at the Seat retailer.

Tell

Staff member
Well I bought the car brand new back in 2018, so I haven’t fiddled with it.

But I don’t know if any updates were done to it while it was being serviced at the Seat retailer.
Regular Seat service would not change the train from where it originally was. People who wanted the fiddle wanted the tiles display rather than the rotating panels. Pretty sure yours is 4* by the date so I don't reckon you will be hit by that issue. Give it time, I'll be jumped on if I'm telling you wrong, but 99.9999% sure you are OK.

Reactions: dukefb
Sep 21, 2022
Regular Seat service would not change the train from where it originally was. People who wanted the fiddle wanted the tiles display rather than the rotating panels. Pretty sure yours is 4* by the date so I don't reckon you will be hit by that issue. Give it time, I'll be jumped on if I'm telling you wrong, but 99.9999% sure you are OK.
Thank you a lot for your help 💯

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany
Hi Guys,

Its me again! After the successful update at my Mib2High now I want to try the wife's car (Skoda Fabia with Mib2ST2)

The installed version at the car is the following : MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0353T.

Saw at the Mib Solution that the latest version for this one is P0478T

Just some questions I have:

1) Does this version have the FEC files for the Full Link (as the car don't have it unlocked)

2) Is the process the same as it was for the Mib2High (Had this version Installed : MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_MU1447_1_AIO_Build_19032022) or there are specific steps that is needed to be followed?

3) I think that at Skoda you don't need mapcare as it was at the Seat ( Which my FEC is from skoda for lifetime mapcare) So I will continue to be able to update the maps as long as they support them right?

Any Other suggestion or any guide of someone who had it already installed will be helpful.

TIA

Vasilis

Attachments

• 20221002_194231.jpg
    20221002_194231.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 178

Tell

Staff member
Hi Guys,

Its me again! After the successful update at my Mib2High now I want to try the wife's car (Skoda Fabia with Mib2ST2)

The installed version at the car is the following : MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0353T.

Saw at the Mib Solution that the latest version for this one is P0478T

Just some questions I have:

1) Does this version have the FEC files for the Full Link (as the car don't have it unlocked)

2) Is the process the same as it was for the Mib2High (Had this version Installed : MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_MU1447_1_AIO_Build_19032022) or there are specific steps that is needed to be followed?

3) I think that at Skoda you don't need mapcare as it was at the Seat ( Which my FEC is from skoda for lifetime mapcare) So I will continue to be able to update the maps as long as they support them right?

Any Other suggestion or any guide of someone who had it already installed will be helpful.

TIA

Vasilis
That's jumping trains which isn't advised... let others tell you whether it's possible. What seems to happen is you have a modded one to do it, then you can't update again within that train since its fixed.

3. Should be Ok.

1. And 2. Let others advise.

Tell

Staff member
@jpmedia @MIB-Wiki plus other Mib Tool experts can I ask you to look at this Australia post

The guy (TrevW) has an Audi tried to do the navigation FeC update but ended up with the European navigation FeC stuck in the car (I diagnosed that and how they got there). I note the latest Mib Tool corrects a FeC issue with NAL, is used for Rest of the World. The program has changed since I used it. They need someone to tell them what to do. I said unpick and start again with the latest update - that didn't work for them. Needs someone to take their download and sort it out. I note @MIB-Wiki also posts on Audiworld.

Audi people turn up on Briskoda navigation mib2 high pages since like Seat they have changed the FeCs or used AIO firmware but stumble on importing the maps. I can sort them out on that but not the techie mib tool stuff. Any assistance on that thread grateful.

Reactions: Walone

Tell

Staff member
Well he missed the addFeC menu option but I gave him the appropriate FeC for Australia and told him to run the AddFeC command. Joint working 😉. So Mib Tools is shipped for Europe but if you aren't in Europe you have to add the correct life long FeC. That was his problem and not tapping that command after editing it into the TXT file. We got there.

Reactions: Walone

keezy

Sep 7, 2022
Hello folks, I updated my MIB2 High unit in steps to version 1409 (1146 -> 1219 -> 1376 -> 1409). Now I am thinking about updating to 1447, but I really don't like that carbon skin (I know it is really only minor detail, I just really don't like it :D). So my question is, if this skin is necessary only on first boot after update and then can be changed back to default one or it needs to stay as it is? I was looking in this thread, but I didn't find any clear information about this.

Thank you in advance!

..and also thank you for this amazing community (y)

Tell

Staff member
You use the 1447 AIO release which takes out the need to fumble with the skin before installation and those missing languages in 1447 where you had to back fix, plus the FeC updates if you let it run to completion, then it's my understanding you can change back from carbon. If you can't you see black so you'd get it back again.

Mib Wiki posted up a link to 1447 AIO on here with the Gracenotes update but you'd find it in the mibsolution website I'm sure. That was when they were testing the Gracenotes update. They now have the ability to assemble their own code modules denoted by AIO as all in one.

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
Little confused excuse my lack of knowledge.

Does the following fall under MIB2 Harman High?
Part: 5F0035877
Hardware: H50
Software: 0514

EDIT: Believe you have to check your software train? Will check that later.

Tell

Staff member
Little confused excuse my lack of knowledge.

Does the following fall under MIB2 Harman High?
Part: 5F0035877
Hardware: H50
Software: 0514

EDIT: Believe you have to check your software train? Will check that later.
0514 gives it away as a Mib2 standard - 5 is the train in this case. 0516 I believe is the last release.

It's not a mib2 high.

Tell

Staff member
Ahh nevermind then

How common were Mib2 High?

Was there a spec option?
There was a spec option for a time on Seat cars sold in the UK. Another £800 more or so. Some retrofitted after or from mib1 to mib2 high.

Those getting the originals argued it was a lot of money over a mib2 standard. They are better executed. Mib2 standard uses TomTom maps, mib2 high (called Seat Plus) use Here Maps cartography. Mib3 uses Here Maps cartography. Mib2 standard does the job, mib2 high better finished off on the next turn screens. Dragging and dropping route changes.

Mib2 high tended to be installed in Cupras as the brand split except outside Europe where no mib2 highs from Seat were sold. You won't find a mib2 high Seat or Cupra originally sold outside Europe. Imports thou.

As for common I guess only 5% were sold as a Seat Plus (mib2 high) whilst 95% of retrofitted mib2s were highs. Seat continued to provide the mib2 high option outside the UK but was trimmed out in about 2018 as the Cupra brand took up. Dates approximate.

Dec 16, 2022
Greetings

I have a problem, I wanted to update the modified firmware because of the full link. And at the moment my infotainment lights up with the seat logo and can't move any further, can it be reset or unblocked somehow? my version MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0351T
and I put the modified firmware from the site
https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MST2 ...SEAT_ZR/MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0515T multi-color-skin
MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0515T multi-color-skin
I don't know what to do next? please advise

Dec 16, 2022
I don't know how to proceed, my seat screen lights up, it doesn't even turn off, you can only do a hard restart, but seat starts up again and that's where it ends!

Apr 17, 2022
It can't work, you need to stay in the 3xx range because of your hardware, you can't install P05xx or P04xx firmwares.
Maybe someone here can help you to go back..

The last compatible firmware for you seems to be MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0369T ( here )

Just need to find how to flash it now

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.