SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Tell

Staff member
You'd only need to side step the map SD card authorisation if your map card was corrupted and you couldn't buy another one in your country. In the EU we just buy them off ebay saves the hassle of modding the firmware. The map workaround methods of shifting the overall.nds file defeats mapcare. Only if you wanted specific extras from the toolbox that its worth doing.

As for moving off your train I recall now that defects in the jumped to update were the reason why the poster was trying to get off that version but the defects might have been due to the Turkish firmware sold, so they had bought a mess why they were told to revert. Thus if the firmware works fine stay on it but if the reason to upgrade is that it's not working well, is that you have been sold a pig in a poke. An English expression.

Only the best 🤣

Aug 12, 2019
Hi everyone!
I have a Leon X-perience 2015 with MIB2 High.
My actual sw version is: MHI2_ER_SEG11_S0257 which is 0123, this is very old, and my map is old as well, date 2018.
My question is that can i update my firmware one step to MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_1_AIO_MU1447_20230320 ?
Than i can update my maps too.
Is there any risk or something won't work after update?
Thank you!

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi everyone!
I have a Leon X-perience 2015 with MIB2 High.
My actual sw version is: MHI2_ER_SEG11_S0257 which is 0123, this is very old, and my map is old as well, date 2018.
My question is that can i update my firmware one step to MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709_1_AIO_MU1447_20230320 ?
Than i can update my maps too.
Is there any risk or something won't work after update?
Thank you!
I'm 99% sure that you cannot update in one go, you have to do it in stages.

Tell

Staff member
I will let one of the experts answer that, @Tell @East Yorkshire Retrofits :) .
It's the mibsolution.one 1447AIO which has proved durable to big jumps in the releases. The mib2 firmware thread describes the success.

Basically the mib2 enthusiasts using an exploit in mib2 firmware have customised the final release of the mib2 high firmware namely 1447 adding the navigation life long fecs, sports screen, updating gracenotes etc. That they called 147AIO (AIO short for all in one). Normally 1447 would not include life long fecs and the rest.

Series of success with that on the thread with big jumps of firmware which you can't do with the mib2 standard but can with the high.

One of the posts with documentation links

It's that thread that @MIB-Wiki put up. I did note one poster had the unit hanging after but just needed to interrupt the process. The back end menu can be idiosyncratic. Find that one with a search of 1447 aio pulling the fuse out. Others didnt. Another poster got impatient and said no to mib tools running at the end so didn't get the FeC upgrade, sports screen. Other than that it's worked well on old units as well as new.

Links to software

Might be the same as above. As said it's the hobbyist group material but has been found to do the job by a number of people

Last edited:
Reactions: bojlihal and Walone

Tell

Staff member
& the mib2 high map updates are here once you get lifelong FeCs

November 2023

Or you can be a daredevil and use the June 2024 release:

Map resource is here:

Reactions: bojlihal