Swiss Leon4 V6 goes EVOLUTION -> many Pics inside

Mindgame

Now i know from where i know your car. You are on the TF too right? I realise it after reading this thread and looking at the Pics. You did a very good job dude really. How is it going whith changing the Engine?

Greez Mind

Kuhprah

@Mindgame
I am still running for papers :(

@Junior Senior
The Brake Kit form the Cupra R with 323mm discs is not really better, and 2 parts sics are very expensive to test them go become them legally. :( And the AP system does also quite good work :happy:

The constuction of the 4WD suspension is litte other than the 2WD. So i dont have turrets in the rear, or better said, they are not so constructet like they in the front. My shock absorbers and springs are not one unit in the rear, they are 2 parts. Here a picture or the rear axle of an 4x4 Leon

l5yczjiz.jpg

With my coilovers i did not do anything until now ;)

Building in an other engine is nealy not payable to become it legally in switzerland. Today i want to replace the 204 BHP 2,8 V6 enginge through an nearly ident 2,8 V6 engine, and it seems to be a quite hard fight against authorities to get such an change legally. Inserting an other enginge or making an turbo on my enginge would cost more then 6.000 pund for getting it legally. Thats money i don't have. I know peaople who have more than 400 BHP in the V6 LEon, but i dont have so much money to pay all that. Costs for building up this engine an let it test an then legalize ist wound be about higher than 30.000 pund in switzerland. They are extremly stict with laws für tuning cars.

So, i there are further questions.. just come on [B)]

Kuhprah

Hey Guys :) Some tima ago, i ordered some fine parts directly from SEAT Sport in Spain. Last saturday those parts arrives at switzerland. And some of them might be interesting for you ;)

First of all, my VR6 will bekome his fresh air through the original Supercopa Air Intake System, containing of an modyfied air box an a new, real big intake in the front of the car.

jw83zybo.jpg

udtktgo8.jpg

The i also ordered the original gearbox. It should be mountet like the gear selection in the race car :D

k9x4tsrr.jpg

I built a first version of wallpaper, so you can get a vision like it shold end in some months

e5qb5827.jpg

rgrunqo7.jpg

Next Saturday i will got to germany to get my new engine. I found an 2.8 VR6 24V with a price under £ 1.500 :clap:

More pictures and infos next time...

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
wicked car and a an awesome project! you have balls stripping it down like that and making it your own.
I bet its mint to drive 4wd leon in the snow aswel+ having the v6 sound:joystick:
Your english is very good aswel, i got taught french at school i cant talk let alone spell anything in french so good effort!

Kuhprah

So, good news.. the new enginge has arrived today :clap:

352iqchc.jpg

4k44dtl8.jpg

u2j2r62i.jpg

It is an 2,8 litre VR6 engine, motorcode BDE from an 2002 Leon4 Cupra V6. Schould have 204 HP and 270 NM, and will get optimized the next time..

Tomorrow I will go to have en closer look on it, and then it will give some new fine picturen ;)

Tony_Danza

What a fantastic car, I didn't even know they did a V6? Did you consider the 3.2 from an R32 or A3 as your replacement engine, or will they not work?

My neighbour in France has a 4wd 20VT which is an very good car indeed.

Kuhprah

Hey.. the 3.2 engine from Audi/VW would also work, thats no Problem. But it is a real big Problem to get this engine written into the car papers. It would need the Okay of the SEAT importer first, an than i would have to make a complete new homolagation, the costs fort that would be some thousand pounds... too much expensive for me :( Livin in Germany oder Austria, there it sould be quite easier to do this, but with tehe strict swiss rules.. no chance :(

But let me show you a picture of the engine now:

e7ah9di7.jpg

Does nor really look like a 6 zylindre engine.. its quite small for that. But it will get an extreme fine enginge, when i hae finisched :lol:

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
awsome work you have done there mate,and a great project you have!i carnt beleave how hard it is for you to change engines!any way good look

Kuhprah

So, the Work is done...

Last weekend i finished with de-mounting the cylindre head and all the other part around the engine.

Here we have the head, looking from the side, you normally dont see :D

w4g9v5i2.jpg

And here you can have a look on top of the 6 zylinders of the engine:

nx57q6em.jpg

At last, you have the nearly complete naked engine with the head in front of it.

vrjw7yke.jpg

Today, i also got some new brake pipes :)

2k2psdxe.jpg

So far, thats it. Now i will have to seeek some companies who can make me e fine work out of my head.

I'll give you new infomations as they are available. :funk:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.