The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
There is a thread going with pictures of the GPF and how it's replaced the resonator.
Interesting, I thought I read somewhere that the GPF was added besides the resonator. Do you have a link to the thread?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I contacted the company progressive parts/vag sport the other day and they said the res delete for us wasn't available yet. This will be why it's a completly different setup than previous cars.

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
It certainly looks very similar to a pair of cats in parallel - hence the more muted tone and lack of farts...it does indeed look like res deletes are gone - you’d now need a GPF delete which is going to present other issues and require software if it’s even possible :blink:

Reactions: Copra68

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
This does leave me wondering what the non-ST post-WLTP exhaust looks like...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mystery290

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
So what are the differences then? Because it does sound more muted right?

If you've seen the picture a single exhaust resonator/silencer has been replaced with a double particulate filter.

DS814

Apr 8, 2018
It was my car...really disappointed I can't get thecres delete & more noise as MY19 ST is really quiet. Back to the drawing board then. Almost wish I'd cancelled & purchased a Carbon edition as I'd ordered Monsoon Grey last March & ended up with Magnetic.
IMG-20190109-WA0001.jpg

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Something completely different from exhaust noises; the Beats Audio upgrade. I read a few times it's terrible, with the bass being overpowering, and everything else being sub par. I've test driven a 300 with the SEAT sound (which I liked), and ordered mine with the Beats Audio upgrade (before reading any of the negative things about it). I then sort of regretted my choice after reading all the opinions online.

Now that I have it though I really don't get what everyone's on about, I don't find it heavy on the bass at all! As a matter of fact, I turned up the subwoofer setting to the max, and the lowest equalizer band up quite a bit as well and I still don't think it's "overpowering". I also don't find the rest to be sub par either.

Did they somehow improve the system? Or is my hearing just not "audiophile" grade?

Either way, I really wouldn't worry too much about SEAT sound being discontinued. The Beats Audio is perfectly fine IMHO.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Something completely different from exhaust noises; the Beats Audio upgrade. I read a few times it's terrible, with the bass being overpowering, and everything else being sub par. I've test driven a 300 with the SEAT sound (which I liked), and ordered mine with the Beats Audio upgrade (before reading any of the negative things about it). I then sort of regretted my choice after reading all the opinions online.

Now that I have it though I really don't get what everyone's on about, I don't find it heavy on the bass at all! As a matter of fact, I turned up the subwoofer setting to the max, and the lowest equalizer band up quite a bit as well and I still don't think it's "overpowering". I also don't find the rest to be sub par either.

Did they somehow improve the system? Or is my hearing just not "audiophile" grade?

Either way, I really wouldn't worry too much about SEAT sound being discontinued. The Beats Audio is perfectly fine IMHO.

I find my beats audio quite good I'm happy with it. Only a small number of people will have beats in the UK as it wasn't an option we only got it as we ordered seat sound which was then discontinued, so to find a used cupra with beats audio down the line will be very rare. Now there is no premium audio option.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
I find my beats audio quite good I'm happy with it. Only a small number of people will have beats in the UK as it wasn't an option we only got it as we ordered seat sound which was then discontinued, so to find a used cupra with beats audio down the line will be very rare. Now there is no premium audio option.
No premium audio on the most premium Leon... What on earth are they thinking?!

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
Yeah I’m thinking the same thing. I’m coming from a 2014 Audi S3 with B&O so I’m not expecting it to sound as good but I’m hoping it’s still decent (shame about the no option to upgrade)! I was told that the standard sound system has been improved for the 290 though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yeah I’m thinking the same thing. I’m coming from a 2014 Audi S3 with B&O so I’m not expecting it to sound as good but I’m hoping it’s still decent (shame about the no option to upgrade)! I was told that the standard sound system has been improved for the 290 though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 280 with the standard system and I was told by the dealership not bother with SS as the system in the stock car was decent. Coming from an MK2 FR it was definitely a step up. I liked it.

In 2017 I was a 2016 S3 for a few months which had B&O. I think it was a 15 speaker system. To me the difference felt like night and day. It was mostly the bass.

I was initially disappointed when I got back in the 280. After a week or so though I was used to it again and it didn't bother me anymore.

When I ordered the 300/290 though I opted for SEAT Sound as one of the first options. I've ended up with beats. Had a quick blast at the dealership and it sounded better than stock, but I think the B&O still takes it for me.

I've been in a 18 plate xcellence for the past 2 weeks and the standard system in that sounded pretty much like the 280's to me.

Definitely worth testing it out if you can and it means a lot to you. Hopefully it's not a deal breaker as Cupra as an overall package is brilliant.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
I haven't heard the B&O system in the S3 (or any other Audi for that matter) but I did come from a Volvo with the premium audio upgrade (I think it's done by Harman Kardon). I heard it's held in quite a high regard. The Volvo system was more punchy in the lower frequencies by default, but the frequency response wasn't that great. The really low frequencies just didn't come through with decent volume.
With the Beats Audio system in the Cupra the bass was less punchy by default and I had to crank it up all the way to get to a level approaching the Volvo. The frequency response of the Beats system is WAY better though; the really low frequencies come through perfectly clear and without droning.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.