The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Anyone know of how you can get hold of the Cupra R copper rear ‘Cupra’ lettering badge? As my car will be black, wanted a contrast and thought may work well!

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
Reactions: TheLuckys

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
With the lovely weather and dry roads, I thought I'd do some pulls to 100 (60). The best result I got, 5.4s, was in Sport mode without launch control.

In Cupra mode, or with launch control engaged there's just no stopping the tire spin, and 0-100 times become a few tenths slower (5.6 or so). Maybe with perfect conditions you can shave off .2s or so in Cupra mode with launch control.

I've shot some clips of it as well, which will appear on YT shortly. It wasn't easy to record, as the brutal acceleration caused the GoPro to fly around the cabin a few times...
604ba7d9a1cc0842a47cbac1ce35e946.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

That would make the 0-60mph time rather fast then? Guessing around 5.3? Madness for front wheel!

Reactions: TheLuckys

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
That would make the 0-60mph time rather fast then? Guessing around 5.3? Madness for front wheel!
5.3 should be rather easy. I think with good conditions, warm tires, a good launch, etc. you could be doing 5.1 0-60.

Reactions: bgb

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
Can anyone tell me about the mirror folding, it appears that it is only “folding when locking” or not folding, my previous FR, you held the lock button down and this folded the mirrors thus giving you the option, a better way for me tbh.

All the windows appear to be working correctly so I don’t think that’s the issue.

Last edited:

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
Can anyone tell me about the mirror folding, it appears that it is only “folding when locking” or not folding, my previous FR, you held the lock button down and this folded the mirrors thus giving you the option, a better way for me tbh.

All the windows appear to be working correctly so I don’t think that’s the issue.
You don’t have to scroll too far back on the forum to see a thread with the exact title you need

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
You don’t have to scroll too far back on the forum to see a thread with the exact title you need

Thanks
I found that thread but my windows all work ok although I did try resetting them anyway to see if that helped. Still no success with folding them off the keys.

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
Thanks
I found that thread but my windows all work ok although I did try resetting them anyway to see if that helped. Still no success with folding them off the keys.

You need to go into the vehicle settings on the touch screen, there is an option for mirror folding in there. I took delivery of mine on Wednesday and the option was off in the menu.

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
You need to go into the vehicle settings on the touch screen, there is an option for mirror folding in there. I took delivery of mine on Wednesday and the option was off in the menu.

Yes, I’ve tried that option but that gives you auto folding on locking,I’m looking for folding from the key fob by holding the locking button.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Yes, I’ve tried that option but that gives you auto folding on locking,I’m looking for folding from the key fob by holding the locking button.
I haven't found an option like that. But what's the problem with automatically folding the mirrors when locking the car?

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
I haven't found an option like that. But what's the problem with automatically folding the mirrors when locking the car?

Really just want the option to fold when I want to like Ny MY 16 FR. I had an X5 a few years back and the wife decided to fold the mirrors in unfortunately they were frozen solid resulting in the mechanism in one of them being literally destroyed, by the time I replaced it it was just over £730. BMW parts were, x amount for a mirror, oh a folding one that’s another. £x, electrochrometic, that’s another £x, oh and it’s got a puddle light, that’s another £x and would you like it the same colour as the car, that will be £x, what about fitting?

Every other Seat with folding mirrors can work off the fob apart from the Cupra, well mine anyway.
So if it automatically folds on locking I could have a similar scenario on morning after a particularly big drop in temperature.

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Really just want the option to fold when I want to like Ny MY 16 FR. I had an X5 a few years back and the wife decided to fold the mirrors in unfortunately they were frozen solid resulting in the mechanism in one of them being literally destroyed, by the time I replaced it it was just over £730. BMW parts were, x amount for a mirror, oh a folding one that’s another. £x, electrochrometic, that’s another £x, oh and it’s got a puddle light, that’s another £x and would you like it the same colour as the car, that will be £x, what about fitting?

Crazy how that works in the UK. I'm pretty sure that if that were to happen to me it'd be covered under warranty due to failure under normal usage.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.