The 5Door Thread - Building a 5D VR6, need 5d mk2's PICS !!!

W4R_M4ST3R

Hi all

Here in Portugal i'm building a 2.8 VR6 Ibiza mk2. The original car is a late 97 Ibiza mk2 GT 5 Door.

Came with that same engine that polo 16v uses, the 1.4 16v 100bhp. The engine was ruined when i bought the car (i knew it) so i decided to put something a little bit more powerfull, so i bought a complete 2.8 VR6 Engine + Gearbox + wiring loom + ecu + vr6 dials.

I'm using Corrado G60 transmissions & brakes on the front, on the rear i might put G2 GTI brakes with G4 calipers.

Well i need help finding good pics of modified (all sorts) 5 door mk2 ibizas to think on some ideas. I don't want the car to look like a spaceship but i want to modify a bit. One of the ideas i got was to remove the rear doors handles like the new leon.

Help me out will ya ?

Last edited by a moderator:

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
Hi mate, sounds like a nice project.....

got a 5door myself, not really modified it yet jus got some alloys on it lol thats bout it, fixing up the mechanicals at the momnent before i start on the body...

a pic so far just to show u....

DSC00320.jpg

i no theres no grill but im trying to make my own lol

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
tbh its a shame its a 5dr but dont let that phase you, im liking the idea of the removal of rear handles..goos start

W4R_M4ST3R

tbh its a shame its a 5dr but dont let that phase you, im liking the idea of the removal of rear handles..goos start

yeah i tought the same at first, i initially bought the car to repair, play & sell after

but well.. here we are overcrowded with 2 door TDI mk2 ibiza's, is like the saxo's era..

having a nice 5 door powerfull petrol powered machine would be certanly a head turner :)

Here the gt tdi are so common and in many cases they are so heavly modified that if your beeza's kicks ass without the dark smoke clould would be like a miracle, and imagine the 6cil sound instead of that fisherman's boat roar of the tdi :D :D :D

good looking but stealth 5 door vr6 ibiza, a lot like my 92 vw polo squareback gt 2 door, packed with super modified g40 punch..

i just love to see people's faces when i disapear and change gears at 8k rpm:)

Well there could be a worse case scenario, i may just never get used to the 5d mk2 & just sell it after it is roll'in & tested ...

W4R_M4ST3R

wher you going to out the rear handles?

what u mean ? i will remove and smoth the area, i will have a in car system to open them from the inside..

i will do it on my friend's garage here in portugal

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland

Maybe a shame its a 5 door, but just think how much of a sleeper that will be!! ;)

My advice would be to go for the sleeper look. Keep it as standard as possible. then you will give people some surprises when you floor it.

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
lol, if ur gonna go for that look, get some crappy wheel trims on it lol would be funny to see, lol, also keep the standard backbox so theres no engine noise so ppl cant tell its been modified...thts what id do lol

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
that first pic isnt standard....doesnt look it anyway, and all i can see the diff is on 2nd one is

got rid of the arial,
new alloys,
possibly lowered it...
taken side repeaters off,
and just blacked out the numberplate one the 2nd pic lol

and nice photoshop btw thought they looked very similar, the realised the dog hasnt moved lol

W4R_M4ST3R

damn the rear door handles really make a difference

thx 4 the pics m8

:)

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
didnt notice those, it does doesnt it... might have a go myself on mine, how would i go about it? like getting into the back then? could use poppers...