Traction control light staying on LCR

mattscupra

As above any one else had this problem or herd of it? traction control light is permantly on! In my case its on a lcr if that helps.
thankyou.

mattscupra

no and i also cant switch it off using the esp button lol

mattscupra

yeah engine managment was on aswell plugged it in and it says fault code 16846 which is maf i believe,erased code and eml went out but cant get the traction control light to go out!

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
I'm getting this problem too. It clears when I restart the engine though and I don't have the EML coming on. car's also running fine.

I'll be driving along at about 30 mph and it'll juts pop on. I've had it scanned with a Bosch scanner (done as part of my service for free) but the light wasn't on at that time and no fault codes came up. I also got a guy I know in the RAC to scan it with his laptop (he says RAC have the VAG contract and whilst it's not VAGCOM it's as close as he could get). Again the problem wasn't flaring up at that point and no fault codes were logged.

Is it normal not to log the fault code?

Anyone in Glasgow with vagcom fancy scanning for me for a few beers? I'm in south side and can travel. It's doing my head in but I don't want to pay a deal £65 for them not to find a fault code.

Cheers

cmc

Does anyone fancy scanning

ben_edwards30

Jul 5, 2009
Shropshire
Might be completely different thing but thought i'd mention it. The traction control light and ABS light stayed on in my golf gttdi due to a dead abs sensor.
Does your abs and traction control still work? as they bothed stopped working on the golf.

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
Might be completely different thing but thought i'd mention it. The traction control light and ABS light stayed on in my golf gttdi due to a dead abs sensor.
Does your abs and traction control still work? as they bothed stopped working on the golf.

TCS works fine for me when light is not showing a fault. Also I've had no problems with the ABS light.

ben_edwards30

Jul 5, 2009
Shropshire
mines on and off , my codes were saying a wheel speed sensor and/or wiring loom part

changed speed sensor @£50 still doing it intermittently

abs and tcs is on mine

Yeah that's what it was showning on the golf, so changed the abs sensor (wheel speed sensor) and lights went out and been fine since.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
i had this happen to me around 6-7 months ago. it randomly turned on in the wet and stayed on.

all i did was disconnect the battery for 30mins, then reconnected it and hey presto, it disappeared.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
i had this happen to me around 6-7 months ago. it randomly turned on in the wet and stayed on.

all i did was disconnect the battery for 30mins, then reconnected it and hey presto, it disappeared.

thats what i said to do as the light is on all the time and wont clear, when it was the maf on the missus golf the light was on and off and ran rough,

probably worth changing the MAF though. let me know how you get on mate,

mattscupra

Lcr maf problem pls help!

Right i have a traction control light and engine managmant light permanantly on! plugged in a hand held diagnostics machine and it say its the maf sensor! car still seems to be running fine,dont want to buy a maf at 55 pounds which is non returnable if this isnt the problem!
what would you do?

mattscupra

New maf it is then! fit it then clear the code right? how about gettin the traction control light out as the diagnostic machine wont do that! disconnect the battery?
Also it still seems to be running ok thou!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise