Traction control light staying on LCR

Cupr-o-matic

Jan 2, 2010
Yeah it's on a Cupra R 225, and i guess it's plausible that the damp weather could effect it. It certainly seems to not be having a detrimental effect on the car... Just rather annoying! I'll see if I can get code reader and then get back to you guys.

Thanks very much for your thoughts. :)

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
I have same problem. I've changed my MAF and its still not sorted - i've read it may be connected with faulty/dirty ABS sensors. Sometimes ESP light comes up and doesnt want to switch off until car restarted- usually in wet conditions.

tony_soprano

Replacing the MAF will not neccesarily remedy the problem. I have this problem with ESP light permanently staying on but i fitted a new MAF sensor to the car about 3months ago!

I'm going to run it on VAG or try dis-connecting the battery for a while and then re-connecting and see if that resolves the problem.

Binksy

Leon Cupra
Nov 27, 2009
Norwich
Replacing the MAF will not neccesarily remedy the problem. I have this problem with ESP light permanently staying on but i fitted a new MAF sensor to the car about 3months ago!

I'm going to run it on VAG or try dis-connecting the battery for a while and then re-connecting and see if that resolves the problem.

Edit.
It may fix a few since this can me the MAF I to had this happen when my MAF failed.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.