Traction control light staying on LCR

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
New maf it is then! fit it then clear the code right? how about gettin the traction control light out as the diagnostic machine wont do that! disconnect the battery?
Also it still seems to be running ok thou!

I'm in suffolk if you need it reset although I'm sure theres someone closer as I'm not that close to Ipswich.

The EM code you have is to tell you there is a code logged in the TC system, you wont be able to reset that code before you reset the TC code.

mattscupra

Right so how do i reset the tc code? i have borrowed a little hand held diagnostics machine which will clear em light of Nev from on here.

mattscupra

No you plug it in and it reads a fault 16846 i think which is maf,go to erase but it only turns eml out!
do u think disconecting battery would help with the tc light? Yeah its a small yellowy/orange one.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I'm not sure

This is what I have and it reads and resets TC and airbag lights to

u280flag.jpg

mattscupra

Thats the one! right ill get a new maf tommorow,reset code and see what happens!

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
When you first plug it in dont do DTC scan go to ABS scan and scan and erase the code in there.....Then erase the code in the DTC bit.

mattscupra

problem solved! new maf fitted codes all wiped and all is back to normal thanks to all who helped.

jk47

I had this problem too. I used to be driving along and break for a junction, and the light would just come on and not go off, regardless of whether you pushed the button next to the handbreak. There is a fault with your traction control and you'll need to get it looked at.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I had this problem too. I used to be driving along and break for a junction, and the light would just come on and not go off, regardless of whether you pushed the button next to the handbreak. There is a fault with your traction control and you'll need to get it looked at.

No its a faulty MAF sensor and he's already sorted it ;)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net

No, it's not a fault with the traction control.

Why, why, why do people read the first post in a thread and none of the following ones? :shrug:

Cupr-o-matic

Jan 2, 2010
LCR TCS indicator

Hey guys,

New member here so firstly, hi to you all and hope you guys had a good Xmas and New Year!

I've got a 55 reg LCR fitted with the ASM system. Atm the indicator light for the ASM is staying on. I've read through a few threads and can't decide what to check first. As it stands, the front pads are ok (got about 5mm left), the brake fluid level is ok, and the ABS is functioning, as is the TCS (tested them enough :D )

Now I haven't read the fault code yet as I don't have easy access to a reader, but can you suggest any easily plausible reasons why the ASM indicator should come on whilst driving (without the button being pressed I might add). And stay on after restart?

Thanks very much!

Cupr-o-matic

Jan 2, 2010
Ah, it's 'Active Stability Management' I think it incorporates the ABS and TCS systems and it will distribute power to either side drive wheel dependent on grip.

I'm not sure if it's an optional extra, but it is a seat system, so not aftermarket.

I'll take a few pics of the button if you guys like, but regardless, it's setting the same indicator as would be TCS off.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
ahh rite thats on a Cupra R?

I'd say its MAF same as the normal TC but I'd get it code read before spending any money.

Either that or its actually a fault with the system due to the crap weather and lack of traction?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise