Warranty issues - dealer is having a laugh...advice needed!

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I took my car in this morning to have a few things looked at but not had much luck with them:

Belt/whining noise from engine (see here) - Apparentley this is normal! I'm sure it can't be as it is quite audible over the engine sound when idle, plus I can hear a slight turbine noise when accelerating hard at about 2500-4000 rpm (higher pitched than usual turbo noise).

Climate control display flashing all digits when turning on ignition - This seems to have happened to a few people on here and I even get a '00792 - A/C Pressure Switch (F129)' fault with Vag-Com. This is also normal apparently although I didn't get it on my old Cupra..

Crunching from gearbox sometimes, usually when engaging reverse from when parked
- They said they could only replicate this when changing gears fast as it has a 'sporty gearbox'. I dont usaully engage reverse fast when pulling away from standstill!

Rear washer not spraying onto window - They couldn't really say this was normal so have adjusted it.

They said they heard a knocking noise from suspension and that the 'droplinks' need replacing, which they will try and do tomorrow.

So am I hearing things or are they just trying to get out of actually doing anything with my car before the warranty expires at the end of the month? [:@]

Excuse the long post but surely at least the first 2 issues need looking at again?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
the video with the noise is deffo not normal, the geargox crunch is deffo not normal and IMO the aircon fault in vag-com is also not normal

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
bring up the water pump and pulley as this sounds very similar to this noise but mine was more squeeky tho!

mine crunches into reverse but im having my cluth replaced as we speak as it was DONKEYED!

the climate control is a fault no doubt

you need to be abrupt with these seat garages they HAVE to fix your car! NO QUESTIONS or state you will be getting in contact with seat uk also

GET IN WRITING that they say this noise is not out the norm ect as this will back you up if something does go wrong after warranty

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for the advice/help guys. It really annoys me that the dealers try to fob you off.

I love my car, and stretched myself financially to buy another Cupra of my own. I put up with the cup holder popping out, misted up headlights and other Ibiza quirks but when I get more serious faults inclusing ones I can see quite plainly on Vag-Com, all I expect is for Seat to fix them under the 3 year warranty that I am entitled to and not just pretend they aren't there.

Jun 28, 2001
pressure switch is caused by low ac pressure(OBVIOUSLY) but actually caused by LOW gas level, normally they are a bit low from the factory so it will need a recharge.
belt noise as iv'e already said clutch on alternator.
for the gearbox crunch there is a differnet oil that can be used for this but could be down to your clutch engagement.

John-Cupra_TDI

Aug 27, 2007
Near Glasgow
Climate control display flashing all digits when turning on ignition - Had this problem with mine mate, turned out to be a faulty a/c pipe which meant all the gas had escaped from the system. Dealer fixed it no problem at all. Form what I've been told, the flashing lights means there is a fault with the system, so how can they say it's normal :confused:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
that will link two of your faults then ^^ the vag.com fault and the climate control prob maybe you have a leaking pipe then??

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I will find out how much a Seat re-gas is and maybe pay to get that done and if it doesn't fix it, then its clearly a problem with the system itself so they can fix it. Not sure if its a good idea to mention I have used Vag-Com on it.

As for the gearbox, my old Cupra also sometimes wouldn't engage 1st or reverse gear but this seemed to happen when car was parked on a slight slope. I am pushing clutch pedal right to the floor and engaging gear normally (not rushing) as it just happens when car is stationary and I pull away for first time.

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
With my experience with Seat and VW dealers they all try and wangle out of doing anything even looking at the car - they just fob you off, and if they do decide to take a look they come back with some bullshit piece of paper saying that they have looked at it and all is fine - basically "piss off and stop bothering us , we've got cars to sell"

My washer fluid is OBVIOUSLY leaking as every week ( a 5.5 litre bottle!) i have to fill it up and when i park there is a pool of fluid on the floor, but they have gave me another slip of worthless paper stating - "checked bottle and all hoses, everything seems fine"
Its booked in to have them look at the dodgy wiring causing my rear tail light to die constantly so i told them to re-check the washer fluid whilst they are there. I'm not holding my breath though.
At least this time i get a courtesy car!

rant over.:D

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
I had that problem mate, the pipe had popped off the bottom of the washer bottle, so instead of running the back hose it was just dumping the whole washer fluid in seconds, striaght into the bottom of my engine bay!

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Maybe they actually did listen to what I said yesterday as when I went to pick it up today, they say they found an air-con leak and have repaired and re-gassed it for me. They also changed the oil in the gearbox.

They said maybe my ears are tuned into whatever the noise coming from the engine is, as they cant hear it :wtf:

Anyway, the new droplinks didn't come in today so it's booked back in next week so I have a few days to find some more things wrong with it!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members