what have you done to your car today ?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Any higher and it'll touching the bonnet. Other than that you'll need to lower the catch can.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Yeh, its just shy of the top edge of the heat shield.
As for the catch can, the screws are barely long enough to go through the brackets they do. So will struggle to put spacers in(could source longer screws).

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
TBH I don't think moving either up or down a few mm is going to make the slightest difference.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Yeh, its just shy of the top edge of the heat shield.
As for the catch can, the screws are barely long enough to go through the brackets they do. So will struggle to put spacers in(could source longer screws).

I don’t think you’re gonna stop the vapour, and the can will never I’ll to the point it’s going to be a flow into the turbo. The OE pcv system tends to have smaller amounts of water in. If you want to completely avoid it I’d vent it to atmosphere. That way you’re not throwing anything through the turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I don’t think you’re gonna stop the vapour, and the can will never I’ll to the point it’s going to be a flow into the turbo. The OE pcv system tends to have smaller amounts of water in. If you want to completely avoid it I’d vent it to atmosphere. That way you’re not throwing anything through the turbo

So, have a vent on the outlet of the catch tank, delete the puck and block the hole in the tip?

Reactions: Sl1ced

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
So, have a vent on the outlet of the catch tank, delete the puck and block the hole in the tip?

The outlet that goes to the tip. Run a hose down under the car to safely vent the fumes out and block the hole in the tip. Removes the puck and the chance of anything going back into the tip at all

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The outlet that goes to the tip. Run a hose down under the car to safely vent the fumes out and block the hole in the tip. Removes the puck and the chance of anything going back into the tip at all

My latest breaker was like this, long hose straight out the back of the subframe - "elephant trunk mod"

Notice the super long hose in this pic
990a72669fae6c099dae7f462d7a8866.jpg

Reactions: Sl1ced

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Afternoon all. Sorry about the lack of updates and stuff . But basically I not done much to show just more messing about trying to make stuff fit.
Nothing on this car fits. Every thing has to be modified to work.... its now getting frustrating... but here's a few pics. Will do a bigger up date on the readers rides section
16180744075242280560629688869809.jpg
1618074433483720863844014676584.jpg

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
f504982fa6f46305f7e9e137f36b653e.jpg

Just changed the radio... 3 hours later I now have a fixed passenger seat (adjuster had snapped and been bodged) and a semi working audio system - sub works but the amplified components are only omitting a low level sound

Reactions: Rich.T and Sl1ced

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020

Any downsides to this?
As in lack of vacuum from the tip meaning less moisture being drawn out of the crank case etc?

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
All this technical chat is way over my head. I like reading what everyone is up to though.
All I’ve done is wash mine today.
Had to be pressed into daily service again this week as my daily Motor has gone off to the garage.
So thanks to the bizarre freezing weather earlier this week the Leon was covered in salt again.
CCC9BEEB-0EA0-41EE-8E36-C91ADC3C3514.png

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Any downsides to this?
As in lack of vacuum from the tip meaning less moisture being drawn out of the crank case etc?

If you plug the hole it won’t suck with the tip vac but The crank case pressure is all positive so shouldn’t cause any issues. A lot of people run it vent to atmos. I think I will go that way too

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.