what have you done to your car today ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Remove the boot strut and go for a drive and see if the noise goes away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably going to stick some rags or something in there next time I drive it to see if that stops it. It's a nightmare - in the winter my lower dash creaks because it's cold (I'm going to stick a rubber washer in behind the screws when I take it off to do my boost gauge) and in the summer there's that creak from the rear.

Isn’t that where the fuel filter is? Maybe worth poking your noggin under and making sure that’s not bouncing about lol

What kind of urchin goes crawling round on the ground to change their fuel filter? ;) Diesel ones are in the engine bay because we have to change ours more often. Actually no, we're *supposed* to change ours more often but at the sky high price of less than ten English pounds, it's just too expensive to do more than once every ten years.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I'm probably going to stick some rags or something in there next time I drive it to see if that stops it. It's a nightmare - in the winter my lower dash creaks because it's cold (I'm going to stick a rubber washer in behind the screws when I take it off to do my boost gauge) and in the summer there's that creak from the rear.

What kind of urchin goes crawling round on the ground to change their fuel filter? ;) Diesel ones are in the engine bay because we have to change ours more often. Actually no, we're *supposed* to change ours more often but at the sky high price of less than ten English pounds, it's just too expensive to do more than once every ten years.

Ah diesel!!! I forgot haha

Reactions: iammooks

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I get creaky dash when i put the hot air blower on to defrost the windscreen. Very annoying but i can live with it lol

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I get creaky dash when i put the hot air blower on to defrost the windscreen. Very annoying but i can live with it lol

When it creaks, if I push up on where the two torx screws go in on the left side of the lower dash, it doesn't creak anymore. I can't screw them in any tighter so I'm hoping a rubber washer will sort it.

I know it's not a Rolls or anything, but rattles and knocks really do my head in...

One of these days I'm just going to get a load of expanding foam, pump it through every gap or hole, and be done with it.

Reactions: Rich.T

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
When it creaks, if I push up on where the two torx screws go in on the left side of the lower dash, it doesn't creak anymore. I can't screw them in any tighter so I'm hoping a rubber washer will sort it.

I know it's not a Rolls or anything, but rattles and knocks really do my head in...

One of these days I'm just going to get a load of expanding foam, pump it through every gap or hole, and be done with it.

Whenever I'm messing around with plastic trims & rebuilding dashboards, I douse all the joints & clips with spray on furniture polish.
Silence! Except the missus wondering where the polish went.
Rattles though are a pain.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex

Try small squares of foam pushed over the clips / screws before they are pushed in.
Makes it all tight fitting again.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: Rich.T

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Wired up some new speakers - the door adapters didn’t fit so had to remove them (too high). Also did some tidying up of old wiring whilst I
85f9c40f4e66a81bb73e1861b902236e.jpg

was there

Reactions: Sl1ced and Rich.T

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Well, it’s been a sad day.
After 4 years of ownership with my Beloved Cupra R, today is the day that I have no choice but unfortunately it’s going to be going up for sale.
We are undertaking a large extension at home and need to free up some funds.
I’ve been hanging on as long as possible but I have no choice but to let it go.
I’ll get it advertised on here and hopefully it will find a good home. :cry:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I think I’ll do bumper off. Probably a safer bet. Can’t believe I’d just tightened the 8mm nuts on each side.

The s badge comes off as a unit. You just pull forward firmly
. Clips are strong. You won’t break them.
Easy. Takes seconds. Bumper off is a faff.

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
The s badge comes off as a unit. You just pull forward firmly
. Clips are strong. You won’t break them.
Easy. Takes seconds. Bumper off is a faff.

I chose bumper off. I've seen how rare and expensive those S badges are and didn't want to risk messing with 17 year old brittle plastic :)

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I’ve deducted at least two of my door speakers are bust/buzzing

It’s a good day.