what have you done to your car today ?

Sloth31

Jul 31, 2015
Staffordshire
had a go and fixing the good old leaking doors, most likerly made them worse...

changed my fog light bulb. while changing it I noticed the SMIC, so drilled a few holes in the foglight support in the bumper to try and increase airflow.

apart from wheel arch mod , and removing fog light completely any other ways to increase airflow to the SMIC ?

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Fitted new BMC CDA Induction Kit, what a difference in power, a lot smother also and sounds really nice, what a difference from the K&N 57i, also fitted my red rim blades that I've had for about 3 weeks, cars looking and sounding good.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Hear a picture of my new BMC Induction kit plus my new rim blades, I do have to say my cars looking very nice, also what a massive difference changing from the K&N 57i filter, the car is soooo quick now it's unreal, this induction kit is a must if u have a spare £180 lol

Last edited:

philrom

Jun 10, 2005
Gibraltar
Leon Cupra R mods fitted!

I'm so lucky to have this car, in 2005 I purchased the very last BAM 225 Leon off the production line in Spain, brought down to me from Barcelona. After over 10 years the clutch began to slip, I already had a few light mods done, d/v, BMC CDA and a remap, but this evening I just finished fitting a few mods over here in sunny Gibraltar. Mods such as: FMIC (Airtech), Tarox F2000's brakes front & rear, Tarox Strada pads front & rear. Upgraded the Milltek catback into a turbo back system with the large-bore downpipe and catalyst bypass assembly. Installed the complete Sachs SMF motor-sports kit, disc, pressure plate, lightened flywheel and uprated slave cylinder. Oh and a Quaife LSD! :) Just got back home an hour ago, so have been gentle ;) Next week, I will be hooking up my PLX kiwi 2 device to the OBD2 port and start logging some data! I am still waiting to sort out the braided brake lines, but the ones I receives had those banjo fittings and I received no bolts to adapt them for a good fit, so I'm in the process of having them replaced. Also, I need to replace my large TIP because yes, as it’s a left-hand drive car the larger TIP is hitting the brake master cylinder and causing some rubbing against the silicone of the TIP (I fear soon it will breach and cause a slight leak which will obviously not be good), so that will be replaced for a more adequately sized one. Also will be replacing the upper inter-cooler hoses, charge pipe, and d/v cold-side kit is also still to arrive and be fitted. Pictures were with my old phone, so apologies for the bad quality, but I'm also finding it difficult to attach the images to this message, so the images might not even be here! Anyway, I'm exhausted from working all day, so will try to add them again if not successful, at some stage tomorrow. . . (Im looking at the preview and still cant see my images or attach them, sorry I'm a rare forum poster so am a complete novice at attaching images for this arrgghh! lol. Nite nite.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I'm so lucky to have this car, in 2005 I purchased the very last BAM 225 Leon off the production line in Spain, brought down to me from Barcelona. After over 10 years the clutch began to slip, I already had a few light mods done, d/v, BMC CDA and a remap, but this evening I just finished fitting a few mods over here in sunny Gibraltar. Mods such as: FMIC (Airtech), Tarox F2000's brakes front & rear, Tarox Strada pads front & rear. Upgraded the Milltek catback into a turbo back system with the large-bore downpipe and catalyst bypass assembly. Installed the complete Sachs SMF motor-sports kit, disc, pressure plate, lightened flywheel and uprated slave cylinder. Oh and a Quaife LSD! :) Just got back home an hour ago, so have been gentle ;) Next week, I will be hooking up my PLX kiwi 2 device to the OBD2 port and start logging some data! I am still waiting to sort out the braided brake lines, but the ones I receives had those banjo fittings and I received no bolts to adapt them for a good fit, so I'm in the process of having them replaced. Also, I need to replace my large TIP because yes, as it’s a left-hand drive car the larger TIP is hitting the brake master cylinder and causing some rubbing against the silicone of the TIP (I fear soon it will breach and cause a slight leak which will obviously not be good), so that will be replaced for a more adequately sized one. Also will be replacing the upper inter-cooler hoses, charge pipe, and d/v cold-side kit is also still to arrive and be fitted. Pictures were with my old phone, so apologies for the bad quality, but I'm also finding it difficult to attach the images to this message, so the images might not even be here! Anyway, I'm exhausted from working all day, so will try to add them again if not successful, at some stage tomorrow. . . (Im looking at the preview and still cant see my images or attach them, sorry I'm a rare forum poster so am a complete novice at attaching images for this arrgghh! lol. Nite nite.

To get ur pictures up go on photo bucket upload ur pictures then copy the IMG link on the right then past it into ur message

Last edited:

Yorkshireboxer

Jul 6, 2015
Asfaik you can achieve 180bhp with just a remap on these so you should be looking at upward of that :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Fidge it's a 1.9 tdi 8v engine code asv they Are 110bhp standard mate a remap your looking at 140-145 @ stage 1 I think you may be confusing it with the 2.0 tdi engine which is 140bhp standard and can be tuned to 180bhp with a stage 1 :)

Seat Leon 1.9tdi 110bhp ASV, BMC CDA,Egr delete, decat,

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Fidge it's a 1.9 tdi 8v engine code asv they Are 110bhp standard mate a remap your looking at 140-145 @ stage 1 I think you may be confusing it with the 2.0 tdi engine which is 140bhp standard and can be tuned to 180bhp with a stage 1 :)

Seat Leon 1.9tdi 110bhp ASV, BMC CDA,Egr delete, decat,
Ah confusing it with the 1.9 PD, shame

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
Fitted a new 710p replaced the old 710p and fitted it the correct way round as PO had it backwards and poly bushed the dog bone, made a great difference to the feel, I think it's got the wrong bolt in it though as I had nearly 10mm of slack on the bolt before it even started clamping the bushes, I haven't suffered no extra vibration though and axel tramp has disappeared :)

Bert

Tom AKA Bert
Mar 3, 2015
Rochester, Kent
Run engine flush, dropped oil and filter, dropped sump and cleaned, removed and cleaned oil pick up pipe, refitted and refilled with oil, then looked at me new injectors and thought "nah sod it I'll do em Monday" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.