what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
You are very lucky !! Headmistress is too tired after a night with 3 choir boys and a a blow up toy - shes docking you 25Bhp instead.

NOOOOOOOOO

I need those horses! ill have none left at this rate D: Option to substitute myself for the doll or one of the choir boys?

Mihai A.

Apr 24, 2020
antoce.me
I bought a spare wheel as it didnt come with one and cut a piece of 65x65x5mm polystyrene to fit the spacesaver and jacking tools inside it.
Switched the mirrors from folding when "long pressed" to "single click", as its not winter anymore.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Ill pm you buddy

Just Incase as I’ve emailed you back, i will have 3D printed in black ABS jacking point covers going up for sale next week from the website.

Also Connor, about your pressure drop I also had this issue and solved it by replacing my old PCV valve and recirc valve.

Also a good place to check is the MAP sensor! As it is what measures the air going into the engine after the intercooler

c8dcbae59c0144116df3d53fdcd5f9da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Got a fancy Seat Sport Carbon shift knob and a nice little shifter boot haha . Don’t like the blue though

e5bdf909def6542e509cac870cbd852f.jpg

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Got a fancy Seat Sport Carbon shift knob and a nice little shifter boot haha . Don’t like the blue though

e5bdf909def6542e509cac870cbd852f.jpg

love your knob mate :p

The code was on and off for a week or two, i did a couple of rounds of tightening to no avail. The last effort i switched my DV back to standard , took out my O2 spacer and put the sensor in the new sport cat, and cable tied a few small vac hoses to my boost gauge. couple of days all clear. I did 100 miles yesterday and so far so good. Actually felt better, [a friend] took it to 110mph no issues.

good shout on PCV, if the issue carries on ill look into that and my n75. Although the code appeared on idle and randomly as opposed to on boost etc. The code specified a leak between turbo and throttle valve so i doubled down in that area. I did notice the boost hose wit hthe metal collar had a mm or 2 play, but it was still locked on.

In any which case @mamic has gracefully sold me a FMIC kit, so that will further squash (or make much worse) the boost issues.

Last note, my MAP sensor mount has been through some battles getting a snapped screw out, the mount is not flush anymore as it got nipped with a grinder and some blowtorch action (not my idea) Mates said dont worry but a flush mount is something i'll get mega anal about, and has bugged me since it then. its minor but its definitely on my list.

(sorry for the life story)

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Forgot to mention
Just Incase as I’ve emailed you back, i will have 3D printed in black ABS jacking point covers going up for sale next week from the website.

Also Connor, about your pressure drop I also had this issue and solved it by replacing my old PCV valve and recirc valve.

Also a good place to check is the MAP sensor! As it is what measures the air going into the engine after the intercooler

c8dcbae59c0144116df3d53fdcd5f9da.jpg

Forgot to mention i only have a crappy reader, it does give me basic stats like MAF and some temps, but i havnt figured out if its capable of reading specific stuff like the MAP

vs600 vgate is what i have if its any use, got it for a tenner off egay lol

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Fitted a quick shift kit and ordered a Badger 5 wide induction pipe.
A fool and his money...........

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
boost leak code came back, so patiently waiting for some last bits to arrive for my fmic kit and then im cracking on.

Ruled out a leaking DV at least, forge one back on.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
boost leak code came back, so patiently waiting for some last bits to arrive for my fmic kit and then im cracking on.

Ruled out a leaking DV at least, forge one back on.

You got a boost gauge? What’s your vac at idle? Should be around 20inhg or .6bar vac

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
You got a boost gauge? What’s your vac at idle? Should be around 20inhg or .6bar vac

I got one for this reason so glad im using it

It idles at -22inhg, maybe -24inhg when its warmed up

on boost 12psi spike ans holds 10psi

When the limp kicks in i know because my idle is the telltale sign, boost shows 19/20inhg~ and idle is lumpy and sometimes cough/spluttery. and on boost 5psi max

Also my MPG has changed since the code has been on and off, its stayed a little worse than it was regardless of limp mode now.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
If the issue persists after i fit my fmic i will start a thread for it

Okay so good news is that you don’t have a vac leak. I would really suggest swapping the MAP sensor. As it sits right before the throttle bottle after the intercooler. (It measures the „manifold absolute pressure“) so if you’re getting a pressure drop fault code between charger and throttle body this could be of help.

You don’t have a tube right? Stock mapping?

Reactions: Connor H and Rich.T

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Okay so good news is that you don’t have a vac leak. I would really suggest swapping the MAP sensor. As it sits right before the throttle bottle after the intercooler. (It measures the „manifold absolute pressure“) so if you’re getting a pressure drop fault code between charger and throttle body this could be of help.

You don’t have a tube right? Stock mapping?

Stock map which is why i wasnt paying much attention to the map sensor before ruling out leaks.

I agree that its looking like the culprit. Do I need to go OEM/New for map sensor? Dont know anyone local to switch the sensor out for another sadly. At the moment im thinking its something to do with the bodged mount, so by the end of the week i should have my fmic on and that will point to the sensor itself if it still throws the code.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I went with original Bosch. For mine it was part number 0 281 002 177 here is a pic of the old one. Be sure to look at yours and get the part number off of it. As they had 2 different sized ones. (Diameter of the Sensor)

I got mine of amazon for 40€ and arrived next day.

Also it would be pretty easy to find a leak in your stock intercooler piping. As there would be oil coming out of the crack into the outer surface. Mine had a small boost leak where the metal pipe attaches behind the engine to the rubber hose using a dinky big spring C clip. When these don’t sit right they leak ever so slightly. But if it leaked, you wouldn’t be getting decent boost.

Do yourself a favor and run your boost gauge line directly to the port on top of throttle body or under intake manifold. Then you’re reading the exact pressure the engine sees after the intercooler. IMHO reading from the Turbo area can lead to false readings if there is a problem with the car.

Stock map for me peaks 12-13psi and settles 9-10psi but I’m running a higher flowing exhaust manifold so it could bring those numbers up a bit.

Hope this helps buddy and I hope you find the problem

f418a66edddd96224464b42fc9cbde72.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members