what have you done to your car today ?

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Had another delivery today..... but not for the race car tho.....
20210222_113915.jpg

72" snap-on hutch for my tool box lol

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Its enough friction to make reversing harder, im sure its not the brake shields as ive manually pried them away from the disc a couple of times on the roadside haha

gonna have to jack it up tomoz and check it out
It was the alloy rubbing in reverse lol

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
whoops, posted in the wrong forum

Attachments

• DSC_3279.JPG
    DSC_3279.JPG
    781 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Just the very edge of the inside left wheel was touching the coilover thread but only reversing? Weird. Probably need a proper alignment!

No fuss as i had some spare spacers to put on.

Itll be camber (if theres any adjustment on them) or wheel offset.

*Worth getting it checked sooner than later. It could wreck your tyres.

*Yeh, i know i like spending other people's money aswell as my own lol

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
My car has needed an alignment for soooo long but i keep having to go back in and take things off etc lol . Im pretty certain just by eyeballing it the subframe needs adjusting, i believe on this AUQ platform i have no camber adjustment at all. But on the back of that i read. very cool breakdown on the mk4 of how being as low as i am introduces positive camber on hard cornering . Its not a track car so im probably not going to raise it up, but i will get some of these:

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 16.22.17.png

Reactions: Rich.T

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
OR these but i cannot find much info about the ride quality n that. Not that the powerflex bushes are remotely smooth lol
Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 16.25.22.png

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
My car has needed an alignment for soooo long but i keep having to go back in and take things off etc lol . Im pretty certain just by eyeballing it the subframe needs adjusting, i believe on this AUQ platform i have no camber adjustment at all. But on the back of that i read. very cool breakdown on the mk4 of how being as low as i am introduces positive camber on hard cornering . Its not a track car so im probably not going to raise it up, but i will get some of these:

View attachment 22158

If you go for theses have a look a cb autos. You can go for the 30mm bushes then get the insert so they then fit your arms and you have even less Bush movement. Pop to my yard 1 evening if you want mate I have some in a set up you can have a look at

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
If you go for theses have a look a cb autos. You can go for the 30mm bushes then get the insert so they then fit your arms and you have even less Bush movement. Pop to my yard 1 evening if you want mate I have some in a set up you can have a look at

Yeah ill be well up for that mate. love to pick your brains. I get paid this weekend so can pop up whenever! Weekends good for you?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
The more I look into boost gauges the more of a ball ache it seems to be on a diesel. I'm reading that the best place to plumb it in is just below the elbow boost pipe that connects to the EGR and that you have to cut a thread in the plastic. I'm not sure I trust a thread I've cut into plastic with that much pressure.

Any other TDI people running boost gauges who can advise?

On top of that, what's the best a-pillar pod.that actually fits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
The more I look into boost gauges the more of a ball ache it seems to be on a diesel. I'm reading that the best place to plumb it in is just below the elbow boost pipe that connects to the EGR and that you have to cut a thread in the plastic. I'm not sure I trust a thread I've cut into plastic with that much pressure.

I’m sure thai was selling a complete pillar a while ago

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Ah ****. [mention]iammooks [/mention] hit 1.8t parts for sale on Facebook someone will have one

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Well I’ve tagged the wrong person and it won’t let me edit it. Win some loose some

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex

Personally used the vent mount instead, i couldnt find any pillar pods except for a website that looked quite old.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.