what have you done to your car today ?

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Finally got my car to a hand car wash today.
I could do it myself but logistically difficult (and a little lazy) lol.
Looks nice but will need to be done almost every week as the yard at work is megga dusty and its heart breaking to see how bad the cars get up there.
never use them myself , my issue with them is most of time they use a very acid wheel cleaner as it ruins the wheels one reason i had my sd fr wheels redone and the last 2 clio16v i had the same was happening to them wheels but never redid them, even seen people with cars lacquer raising due to same thing.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I agree but doing it at home just sets my dog off (barking). If im outside and he isnt he kicks off.
Sounds like a poor excuse but it truly isnt.
Got a nosy neighbour who moans if the tv is on to loud 🤨
Easier to get it done by someone else.

Sayin that, going to give it a polish at some point with decent products.
It deserves that at least.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
I agree but doing it at home just sets my dog off (barking). If im outside and he isnt he kicks off.
Sounds like a poor excuse but it truly isnt.
Got a nosy neighbour who moans if the tv is on to loud 🤨
Easier to get it done by someone else.

Sayin that, going to give it a polish at some point with decent products.
It deserves that at least.
dog lol , i had a neighbours like that once but one day i snapped then i use to play slayer at full blast at random times , I'm like and if carried on more thrash and the system was not even sweating as the sub is 600w so had a a bit to play with , thing is what they moaned about they did same that's why i snapped , they moved I'm still here, thrash is good to sort maggots out but that wont work on the dog psml

• Haha
Reactions: Rich.T

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
never use them myself , my issue with them is most of time they use a very acid wheel cleaner as it ruins the wheels one reason i had my sd fr wheels redone and the last 2 clio16v i had the same was happening to them wheels but never redid them, even seen people with cars lacquer raising due to same thing.
my mate works at Fords cleaning customer cars and he uses an acid too, used it to strip his bumper paint with a pressure washer lol

welshy46

Dec 6, 2015
Maanchestorr
My Cupra is slowly getting the R boosto treatment. Fitted the Cupra R dials to my clocks, very nice. I first tried to just put the other cupra R clocks in but that didn't work and the clocks said 143000 anyway. also stuck on a bit of carbon wrap to the blanking plate for an extra 3 BHP;)

The rear fog lights are still stuck on because of ham fistedness removing the lower dash, but I've got another light switch coming today. I sorted not driving around with my fog lights on by simply taking the bulbs out :rolleyes: The airbag light is now on though so in a crash my passengers face is a crumple zone. Mine is a 2002 and you can't turn it on or off via the keyhole in the glove box, because their isn't one. I'm sure there was one there on my last one.
1619637248040.jpg

Also fitted an N75 valve from the Cupra R and I'm now getting 18psi of boost. Which is nice. The one that was on would only give me 5psi until the engine had warmed up a bit, and then I'd restart the engine and get 15psi max.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Had the fun off tracking again as done my near side inner rack end on and cleaned my clutch pipe up and refit it in a hope it would stop leaking and also put the offside rear brake shims in as I found them in the boot lol and also adjusted the diesel timing a bit just need to check if I went the right direction on Tuesday when I get to my friends garage and plug in Vag com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Got a little more confused about my limp mode.

Took the car out for a shake down and straight away 6psi but after 5min I was getting 30psi again, winner must be mechanical...
30min later, after some dual carriageway driving, and I’m down to 6-8psi again with this faults code:
21b596ce8276469c54c5a74834333f76.jpg

No over boosting it just seemed to pick the code up whilst cruising (it was on cruise control).
Need to start looking into what this could be as from memory there’s about 20 different options!

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
The car is half way between services so gave it an oil n filter change.
Had plenty more to do but ran out of time.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Got a little more confused about my limp mode.

Took the car out for a shake down and straight away 6psi but after 5min I was getting 30psi again, winner must be mechanical...
30min later, after some dual carriageway driving, and I’m down to 6-8psi again with this faults code:
21b596ce8276469c54c5a74834333f76.jpg

No over boosting it just seemed to pick the code up whilst cruising (it was on cruise control).
Need to start looking into what this could be as from memory there’s about 20 different options!

Lambda/o2?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Lambda/o2?

I thought they came up on a separate code? Will google the options now to see if can try unplugging some parts before replacing.

*just looked it up on Ross-tech and 02 sensors is one of the possible faults. Looks like I’m in for a hard slog to find this one as it’s anything from injectors to a boost leak.

GJShucky

Apr 24, 2021
Droitwich
50AFF9E3-5022-4233-8EA6-9D6FCF51D1B1.jpeg
413E9CAF-888E-47F1-99DA-215C4F956DB0.jpeg
1C148ADE-A66C-42FA-B386-681F5FB9C8FC.jpeg

After a 🤬week at work, barely having lunch breaks, finally got out to fit the HEKOs, obligatory forum sticker (replacing the garish Arnold Clark one!) and a little bit of coding (alarm chirp, needle sweep, one click mirror fold and my favourite so far… leaving home lights!!!)

Also got carbon effect MFD and Touchscreen, combination of Carista and today Car Scanner Pro for long coding via Carista OBD adapter 🤓😁

Reactions: Dazzalcr and Rich.T

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Well, it’s been a sad day.
After 4 years of ownership with my Beloved Cupra R, today is the day that I have no choice but unfortunately it’s going to be going up for sale.
We are undertaking a large extension at home and need to free up some funds.
I’ve been hanging on as long as possible but I have no choice but to let it go.
I’ll get it advertised on here and hopefully it will find a good home. :cry:
Don’t know if any of you have noticed my other thread in classifieds has been updated?
I changed the title.
After accepting deposit from someone to buy my car I decided I couldn’t part with the old girl so she’s staying. 😀
I was giving the inside a once over on Friday evening ready to be collected yesterday and thought what are you doing? You can’t get rid of it.
So a phone call to the potential buyer and a nervous chat to the missus it’s staying.👍

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.