What power you Mk4 Ibiza Diesel guys running????

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
Hey,
As many may well be aware, i need a new smaller more eco car.
I think i want to stay with Seat and i'm looking seriously Seat Ibiza'a TDI Cupra PD160. I still want to be able to play around with it and increase the power.
So my questions are:
What power you running?
What did you do to get it there?
And how much did it cost you?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
What power you running? 158bhp 240lb/ft
What did you do to get it there?stage1 remap and exhaust
And how much did it cost you? 8995 (brand new 58) + 265 (remap) + 99 (exhaust)

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
originally a PD130 sport but with remap , exhaust, intercooler etc it is now 175BHP and 300lb/ft

Cost.... mods.... about 1500 to make it go faster..... probably closer to 2k with the brakes and ARB etc.....

Proper sleeper though being a 5door....

chispadete

didnt the op just want diesel's and/or just cupra model specs? why would he downsize to a 20vt when he already has one!?

DScape

Dubbed
Apr 9, 2007
Derby
www.yeomansinc.co.uk
No proven power figures on mine as yet, but approx it's meant to be 190BHP and 300LB torque. That's after a green cotton filter and a stage 1 custom-code remap from JBS for £295.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2008
Essex
Considering this is a derv thread, I sincerely hope you're not filling it with the black pump goodness. :p

No proven power figures on mine as yet, but approx it's meant to be 190BHP and 300LB torque. That's after a green cotton filter and a stage 1 custom-code remap from JBS for £295.

My mistake, it wasn't a derv thread originally, i edited the title after post was already made.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
130tdi sport

185 bhp 300lbs of torque

PERFORMANCE TORQUE!!!

:mad:-)

AND TOTALLY LOVE THE MPG AND POWER what a great combination...

DScape

Dubbed
Apr 9, 2007
Derby
www.yeomansinc.co.uk
Haha, no worries :)

Forgot to mention that mine's a Cupra and them figures have been pulled out of my rear, but looking to get it rolling roaded after the exhaust is on, so all will be revealed then.

This is only my second car (coming from a MK4 Polo 1.3) but it was well thought about because I wanted power without the incredibly high tax bracket and spending too long at the pumps. In short, the answer is yes it is a good compromise.

I think you'll miss the sound of petrol if anything, that does irritate me at times to be honest, but you can't have it all! Handling wise, it's not too bad, I'm still trying to get used to it (Polo was on coilovers, no PAS either). Apparently a whiteline rear ARB changes the handling a lot, but I'm yet to purchase one.

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
pd130 will map to 160-185ish from standard :) Go for a 160cupra and look to be closing in on 200bhp i guess. More likely 180-190 :).

Common mods

mufflerectomy... (no boxes just exhaust pipe) (cheap job and sounds good IMO)
FMIC if you dont get the cupra, panel filter and that will do :).

Good cars, probably wont feel as refined as your LCR though, and the power will tail off quickly without a remap if your used to petrol :). Mine picks up like a valver at 3,000 RPM to the line, before it would be dead lol.

Car handles alright, but rear 20mm spacers and arb make a huge difference... lowering would be brillient.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.