Wistle noise after DPF delete...

YKFR

Jul 23, 2019
Hi guys,

This is my second thread on here (woo!)

I need some information & that's why I am posting here. Last time I did & got tons of help! I am hoping for same again! ?

Here we go. So 3 days ago I got my DPF removed (physically) and today I got the car mapped out at a tuning place. They did a good job with a new map, turning DPF/EGR off via software.

However, since I got the DPF removed I began hearing this kinda whistling noise everytime I rev the car. It stays for like 2/3 seconds +/- and then goes away until I rev again or take my foot off accelerator.

I have not seen any kind of white, grey or blue smoke. No hissing, cluttering, knocking sound. My car has not lost performance either. It is not down on power and drives really well.

It is really strong and puts more power down now that it has been mapped out. I am not sure as to why I hear the whistle now. My only guess after doing some research is that... The whistle is from the turbo spooler? It is more easy to hear now because DPF has been removed and there is no restriction on turbo and its performance?

If the good people can come back to me with some explanation and reasons for my query it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Hi mate,
that will be your turbo. Just out of curiosity why did remove dpf? Pretty sure you can still get a decent map with it fitted, but you’ll likely fail next mot.
Jay

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
What happens when the MOT guy spots that your exhaust is not squeeky clean as it will be when a DPF is fitted, also I'm guessing that the remap will try to stop the turbo from over reving now that its exhaust output has lost some of its restriction - maybe neither either of these things will bother you though, or cause you any trouble if you are lucky.

Reactions: Steve J and Jay5959

YKFR

Jul 23, 2019
Hi mate,
that will be your turbo. Just out of curiosity why did remove dpf? Pretty sure you can still get a decent map with it fitted, but you’ll likely fail next mot.
Jay

Hi,

I had to get DPF removed as it got more or less blocked. And car wasn't doing regens successfully.

And with the remap being done it wasn't really helping the DPF situation.

Reactions: Jay5959

YKFR

Jul 23, 2019
What happens when the MOT guy spots that your exhaust is not squeeky clean as it will be when a DPF is fitted, also I'm guessing that the remap will try to stop the turbo from over reving now that its exhaust output has lost some of its restriction - maybe neither either of these things will bother you though, or cause you any trouble if you are lucky.

Hi,

I am going to be using this car off road as this is my secondary car. I'm just being creative with it and exploring modifications. Just having some fun.

Just wanted to make sure that the noise isnt anything serious, or something gone wrong.

Reactions: Jay5959

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Hi,

I had to get DPF removed as it got more or less blocked. And car wasn't doing regens successfully.

And with the remap being done it wasn't really helping the DPF situation.
Ah that makes sense and you’ll have no issues with using off the road. Have fun with it mate (y)

Reactions: YKFR

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Hi,

I am going to be using this car off road as this is my secondary car. I'm just being creative with it and exploring modifications. Just having some fun.

Just wanted to make sure that the noise isnt anything serious, or something gone wrong.
That's good. I was just about to say the whistling noise is probably the MOT tester inhaling just before telling you how much it will cost to get it through the MOT :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Jay5959 and Zer0

YKFR

Jul 23, 2019
That's good. I was just about to say the whistling noise is probably the MOT tester inhaling just before telling you how much it will cost to get it through the MOT :ROFLMAO:

Haha... Yeah I'd think so too.

But I'm still trying to be 100% sure that's it's just the turbo kicking in. As the whistle and like air escaping just sounds so odd?

If there was something wrong I assume that I would get a warning light at some point?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.