dave_ph

:)
Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
I've sold the BMC now, and gone for a Jetex cone filter. Easy enough to do, just bung it on the maf.

newfilter.jpg

inductionprecoupler.jpg

inductionprecoupler2.jpg

As J0n has done, I also used a silicon coupler to push the filter further out from the engine bay and closer into the wing. Its only on a temporary clip at the moment:

inductionfinal.jpg

You can certainly hear the engine sucking the air in when reving it with the bonnet open!

I also changed the pipe going from the engine to the boost gauge.

I thought instead of farting around trying to squeeze my hand under the windscreen wiper again, i would remove the tray covering gromits:

boostpiperouting.jpg

This made getting it through the gromit considerably easier. Also made it a hell of a lot easier to silicon seal it. Only the old pipe in place on the photo but you get the idea:

boostpipeentrace.jpg

I ran the new pipe along the covered area under the windscreen, and out into the trunking that runs under and behind the standard air box to the battery. You can see the pipe attached to the maf and filter in an above pic. Keeps it nicely out the way and avoids all hot pipes :)

Last edited:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Why'd you do that Dave? What was wrong with the BMC? I had an open cone on my Ibiza when I first got it, but was told loads of bad things about them so changed to a green panel filter.

P3190300.jpg

P3190301.jpg

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Why'd you do that Dave? What was wrong with the BMC? I had an open cone on my Ibiza when I first got it, but was told loads of bad things about them so changed to a green panel filter.

The BMC was too restrictive. Did some logging which proved that:

BMC: 194.56g/s @ 6360rpm
Jetex:208.75g/s @ 6160rpm

This has also lowered the correction factors as well :) although they are still too high

(all logs in this thread: clicky)

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
The BMC was too restrictive. Did some logging which proved that:

BMC: 194.56g/s @ 6360rpm
Jetex:208.75g/s @ 6160rpm

This has also lowered the correction factors as well :) although they are still too high

(all logs in this thread: clicky)

I wonder if the standard airbox is too restrictive then? :blink:

Do you have Vagcom Dave?

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
any chance you can take a look at my car with vag-com please? I've asked in the vag com help section but no response yet :(

Ash, I don't know if the standard airbox is restrictive, but the BMC definitely is. I've heard in the past that the BMC is only any good up to around 200bhp. Would be interesting to see air flow comparison between standard airbox and BMC.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
ive got a usb one off ebay, but the cable it works as a usb-serial convertor, so still works as a com port

When I connect it, it says something about wrong port being So what do you reckon is wrong with mine?

any chance you can take a look at my car with vag-com please? I've asked in the vag com help section but no response yet :(

Ash, I don't know if the standard airbox is restrictive, but the BMC definitely is. I've heard in the past that the BMC is only any good up to around 200bhp. Would be interesting to see air flow comparison between standard airbox and BMC.

I'm not willing to find out! :D

What do you need Vagcom for Rich? Got problems?

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
My engine management light is on and I've no idea why :( car feels fine, runs fine, drives fine etc, but summat is up and i want to know what.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
lol, they better not be! :p Hopefully its a minor problem, I can't afford to fix anything major. I can barely afford petrol atm lol

You are putting through quite alot of boost. And JBS did it....so I reckon I'm right! :lol:

I'm sure it'll be something silly. I know on the diesels, some pretty scary lights can come on when you have a stupid little faults!

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Sounds like the BMC is no better than a standard Air box then Dave. Think that's nearl the same air flow reading:no:

Yea I think the bmc is better for lower powered applications, although it did sound quite nice and looked good lol

Cars looking nice. Jealous of the FMIC and Blueflame!

Your car is mint,and in the best colour

Thanks for the kind comments guys :) the FMIC is great, made quite a noticeable difference, and the sound of the blueflame makes me horny lol.

The colour suits the car, but also isnt too bad to keep clean either ;)

When I connect it, it says something about wrong port being So what do you reckon is wrong with mine?

What port are you trying to use? Im using com3

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.