edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Had the exhaust done this morning :) The dealer was pretty good, had it done by 10am, and the mechanic that did it was happy to have me under the car with him chatting away while it was done

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Video to follow :) mum recorded it once, but she held the camera right behind the exhaust, so all you get is the sound of the air wooshing past!

dave, how do you find the exhaust? its not too loud is it?

I want one and Blueflame are at the top at the mo but I cannot have a loud, modified exhaust.

dave_ph

:)
Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
cheers strugers :) and yea ash it does sound nice, and the oval pipe suits it nicely :)

edmong: the exhaust isn't too loud at all, makes a nice burble when idling, and does sound a bit beefier when reving it, but its not one that will make people turn round anymore than the standard one. The oval tip is bigger than the standard tip, but fits the cut out nicely. When driving (esp with the windows up) you can barely tell the difference, which is perfect for what i want

alibali45

Hey mate, whats the code for your BMC CDA? Looking at getting one for my LCR but not sure what code directly fits?? Liking your motor btw!

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Hey mate, whats the code for your BMC CDA? Looking at getting one for my LCR but not sure what code directly fits?? Liking your motor btw!

the product code for the bmc cda i have is apparently CDASP-09. I didn't know this when I ordered though and just rang up 'formula 1 brighton' and asked for the LCR one (has the 80mm bosch maf connection)

Hope that helps a bit :)

alibali45

the product code for the bmc cda i have is apparently CDASP-09. I didn't know this when I ordered though and just rang up 'formula 1 brighton' and asked for the LCR one (has the 80mm bosch maf connection)

Hope that helps a bit :)

Yeah thats awesome mate, cheers :)

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
its been a couple months since last update, sooo....

today a rather modest looking box appeared in the post:
exhaustbox.jpg

and inside it contained:
exhaust2.jpg

:D:D:D

Hopefully going to get it fitted on Saturday and have an MOT at the same time. Think I will have the MOT first ;)

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
okey not the most exciting of modifications....but:

horns!!

my horn was shagged, so it needed replacing. The standard one is 2 trumpet like horns:
oldhorn.jpg

I found that on my old 51reg leon it filled with water (located behind the left side of the bumper). On my LCR they were originally located behind the number plate, but had to be moved to make way for the intercooler, so put them back to where the left side mount intercooler was (see earlier pics about the intercooler install)

Anyway, i wasnt going to replace them with the same type as i really cant be arsed having to change them again, so went for some electromagnetic ones (like my dad has on his volvo)
newhorns.jpg

Easiest way was to remove the passenger wheel, and wheel arch lining to get to the horns. Once the old ones were removed, had a nice gap to play with:
hornsremoved.jpg

The standard horns have a fancy clip on them, which had to come off so a snip and new plug later (new plugs on left, standard on right):
hornwiring.jpg

Couple of pics of the new ones bolted in:
newhornsfitted1.jpg

newhornsfitted2.jpg

I've put a bit of black tape around the terminals to make it a bit neater.

Not the most interesting of updates, but its an update nevertheless ;) Least it will pass its MOT on weds now

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Did you install the downpipe yet? how is it ??

Nah not just yet - I wanted to get my MOT done first so i dont have any issues with emissions, and didn't have chance to get the horn sorted before the weekend so having it done with an MOT on wednesday this week

Obv not got enough boost there Dave, had to double jubilee clip the joins on all mine as it likes to blow them off otherwise. :lol:

nah, i just fitted mine properly ;) :p

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
well the idea was to have the downpipe and sports cat installed today.

However.....the car failed its bloody MOT. Because the subframe is damaged.

The good news is it will be ready for the rolling road on saturday

The bad news...its costing 530quid :(:(:(

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
The steering was pulling to the left slightly, but nothing major

Pics:

Drivers side (the ok side) looking from the front of the car down towards the rear:
P1020094-1.jpg

Drivers side, looking from the rear towards the front:
P1020087-2.jpg

Passenger side (damaged) looking from rear to front:
P1020088-1.jpg

Passenger side looking from front to rear:
P1020092-1.jpg

Passenger side looking directly up at it:
P1020090-1.jpg

I have no idea how the hell that damaged happened, and how it didnt damage anything else in the process

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.