dave_ph

:)
Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Hi All

Thought I would finally put a thread up about my car :)

Its a 2005 55reg LCR, bought it on 1st march 08 with 10600 miles on the clock. Its now done 23,500.

Last time it was on the rolling road, it only hit 238bhp (220 at the wheel) and 260lbs, however the guy was convinced there was heat soak on the intercoolers...

Done a few mods, nothing spectacular though

Engine / Performance:

Celtic remap (although might change this after a few more mods)
Forge 007p
Forge big race FMIC
BMC CDA induction kit
Awaiting delivery of a blueflame catback

ice / other:

Kenwood headunit
Kenwood 1000w amp (its on my to do list to tidy the cabling up!!!)
Kenwood 1500w 12" subwoofer in stealthbox
Parrott handsfree

Took some pics of it after a quick wash this evening. it needs a damn good polish and clean inside, however working 5 days a week 55miles from home, and saturdays (and sometimes sundays) in another job doesnt leave much time for it.

P1020105.jpg

P1020106.jpg

P1020107.jpg

P1020108.jpg

P1020111.jpg

P1020112.jpg

P1020113.jpg

Cheers :)

Dave

Last edited:

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Its currently enjoying a week off on the driveway as its clutch is shagged, however thats getting replaced on weds. cant wait to drive it again!

Its other problem is the subframe, took some better pics of that today which i will post up in the relevant section later.

Hopefully i can rope craig (westoncraig) into helping me polish the car one day :whistle:. as much as i dont like the car being dirty and love it shiney, i hate washing and polishing it lol

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
thanks mate :) i can hand on heart say that the clutch wasnt my fault lol just shifted down when approaching a roundabout and the clutch pedal wouldnt come back out. managed to get it into a gear by matching revs with speed, but it makes a horrid smell now and its awkward to engage. possibly the release bearing gone in it. bit of a pain

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
okey got some pics of when i fitted the intercooler at the end of june :D I'm not sure if a guide has been done for this, but i've got enough photos to do one if anyones interested?

so anyway there was this big nasty gap behind the bumper, so what better to fill it than a nice big intercooler! Molly managed to get her head into the photo also..
P1010940Large.jpg

Think the car definatly needs lowering ;) Had to drive it onto those planks of wood as it wasnt possible to get my trolley jack under the car!
P1010945Large.jpg

I removed the grills from around the foglights. You can just see the nearside intercooler tucked well out the way! might explain some of the heatsoak!!
P1010948Large.jpg

Picture of the nearside intercooler from behind, with the wheel arch lining removed (it annoyed me and was getting in my way so came out completely lol)
P1010953Large.jpg

After a lot of faffing around, managed to get the bumper off (one of the brackets wasn't playing nicely, so had to be unbolted which was a bit of a ball ache) Molly's managed to sneak into the photo again. Shame she aint like that when we want to get a photo of her!
P1010956Large.jpg

With both intercoolers removed, wanted to see how they sized up against the new one....i think it should do the trick!!
P1010965Large.jpg

The horn had to be relocated as it used to bolt onto the back of the OE crash bar, however theres no place for it there now, so it fits onto the mounting point for the nearside intercooler.
P1010963Large.jpg

Last edited:

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
For some reason this one didn't have any screws come with it, so a quick pop to halfrauds, and some 'resizing' of some new screws later, jobs a good'un
P1010967Large.jpg

Simple job of fitting the new silicon piping now. The jubilee clips werent tightened in the pic so it probs looks a little loose/scruffy
P1010968Large.jpg

Mum wasn't too keen on her new look rear bumper :p she politely declined
4960_101716881618_513646618_2482412.jpg

The bumper went back on pretty easily (which was a surprise) and theres no new gaps in bodywork either! happy days. Looks much better now the gap is filled!
P1010969Large.jpg

Its very noticable how much better it pulls beyond 5500rpm. It would start to die off prior to the fmic, but now it pulls like a train. Worth every penny! also ready for a bigger turbo should i ever manage to save enough to do it.

Im still paying the car off, so wont be doing a great deal to it now until November time when I finish my loan (thank god) but when I can, my plans by mid 2010 are:

Oil catch tank,
Dog bone mount,
ARB's and S3 strut brace,
blueflame 3" downpipe and sports cat,
Forge TIP, and some more silicon piping
HID's

Much longer term plans would possibly include putting a bigger turbo in, depending on what my financial situation is like at the time :)

My wallet is already shivering in fear

Last edited:

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
Hopefully i can rope craig (westoncraig) into helping me polish the car one day :whistle:. as much as i dont like the car being dirty and love it shiney, i hate washing and polishing it lol

oh really!!

yeah corse il give you a hand bud :) can try my hd wax if you want.. can do my car at the same time as its in desperate need of a wax!!

really could do with someone to come with their portable polisher and let me loose on my car!

we will have to do it properly, snowfoam, clay bar etc etc!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
PH that looks ****! It pulled like a train when you took me out in it! It must be manic now!!!! Really sounds nice with the BMC on too - might have to show up to this months meet just to have a nosey... ;)

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Should sound well with a nice new zorst on too then! :D The meet is the 20th this month... ;) A week tomorrow.

Did you get your headlight re-aligned Dave?

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Should sound well with a nice new zorst on too then! :D The meet is the 20th this month... ;) A week tomorrow.

Did you get your headlight re-aligned Dave?

In theory, shouldn't need to, as it was tightly bolted in beforehand, and i tightly bolted it back in after. Gonna get HID's before nov when its got its MOT, so will get it aligned then if necessary :)

car looks awesome mate hope the lcr gone be may next car

Thanks mate :) If you can afford one, get one! I love mine. Its the longest i've owned a car, and i still get excited about it! Can't wait for the clutch to get fixed tomorrow so I can get back out in it. its been a week! :(

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
In theory, shouldn't need to, as it was tightly bolted in beforehand, and i tightly bolted it back in after. Gonna get HID's before nov when its got its MOT, so will get it aligned then if necessary :)

Thanks mate :) If you can afford one, get one! I love mine. Its the longest i've owned a car, and i still get excited about it! Can't wait for the clutch to get fixed tomorrow so I can get back out in it. its been a week! :(

one week:(hope it will be fixed soon then got my car back from paint been 3 weeks with out it:cry:but today happy daay:D

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Cheers ben :D

I got the FMIC 2nd hand off robdon, however you can get them new from forge (both the big race one like mine, and a slightly smaller more sensible one lol), and that comes with the pipework, screws, modified crash bar etc. Makes it childs play to fit once the bumper is off.

In theory, the car shouldn't need to be mapped, however if it was standard, getting the same size one as mine, you might experience a bit more turbo lag (i've gained a tiny bit more lag, however its made up for by the much better pull in higher revs) due to the size of it (as its really for big turbo conversions), however the smaller one I imagine would be fine

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.