dave_ph

:)
Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
as my (private) stretch of road was quiet this evening, managed to record the car from standstill to 100mph (i must stress this was on a closed bit of road)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNyiiQugzvE

also got the rpm displayed on my climate control :D

timed the 0-60 3 times on the original vid as the quality is better, timing it 3 times, got 5.7 seconds (give or take .03 second) so pretty pleased with that. obviously its not that technical but its a rough idea

Last edited:

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
as my (private) stretch of road was quiet this evening, managed to record the car from standstill to 100mph (i must stress this was on a closed bit of road for legal reasons lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNyiiQugzvE

also got the rpm displayed on my climate control :D

timed the 0-60 3 times on the original vid as the quality is better, timing it 3 times, got 5.7 seconds (give or take .03 second) so pretty pleased with that. obviously its not that technical but its a rough idea

Not too shabby mr pH. I reckon my car may be that quick, but it cost me about 5 times as much in mods lol :ban: I want a private road!! Suppose I'll have exactly that at Pod tomorrow ;)

Edit: Oh yeh, I wanna be able to understand what my climate control says but there's no guides or anything for it! :( only Leons

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Also!!!! While I'm here lol... That's no way to be bedding in a new clutch is it?!?! :ban: :lol:

You'll need a new one again in another 20k! No wonder the old one looked so bad :p

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
i'm sure i'm getting this wrong:confused: on the lcr can you use the climate control as a timer?

The climate control on the Leons can be used for a few things I think. I know you can get your RPM on it like Dave has. I'm not sure if you can get something else on it aswell. :shrug:

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
its booked in and going to be fitted by tomorrow morning. Using the taunton seat dealer as they have been helpful to me and happy to pay extra to give them my custom.

Rang them at lunchtime today, dropping the car in tomorrow at 8:30, they asked if i wanted to wait while they did it, and i said i couldnt really as i have a bike lesson at 10, so they said they would have it done by 10 and will get it on the ramps as soon as i arrive :)

couple piccys of the new blueflame catback (excuse the mess, sister is back from uni atm)

5654_128883356618_513646618_2910870.jpg
5654_128883771618_513646618_2910871.jpg

ABM

Niiiice! Looking forward to seeing / hearing that on Sunday!

How much are they charging to fit it? I always use Audi 4 U in Bridgwater for any work I can't / don't want to do myself.

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
they are charging 60quid for it. not the cheapest, but then again i didnt even give them 24hours notice :)

Would of done it myself, but dont have a ramp, and just couldnt be bothered with the hassell of doing it on axel stands

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Had the exhaust done this morning :) The dealer was pretty good, had it done by 10am, and the mechanic that did it was happy to have me under the car with him chatting away while it was done

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Video to follow :) mum recorded it once, but she held the camera right behind the exhaust, so all you get is the sound of the air wooshing past!

Last edited:

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Looking good mate, exhaust fits well jus looks too new lol, needs a bit of carbon on it now :)

thanks mate, i know what you mean about the exhaust looking too new lol, nice and shiney :D

Exhaust sites perfect mate, nice one. You happy with it?

yea very pleased, it sounds nice when its idling, but you cant really hear much difference from the inside, which is what i wanted as i didnt want something that droned on the motorway (where i do most of my small mileage)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members