what have you done to your car today ?

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Started at the easy end with my new suspension kit by replacing the rears trying to get them on before i started work. Starting at 7.15 on my dads drive way i was back home for work at 9.15 so i'll call that a result. Has definitely taken some of the crashiness out of bad roads with less rattling from the rear in the cabin whilst also feeling more planted. Fingers crossed the fronts go OK later in the week.
8a9362d2407df850b0c4e4a15b195429.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I'm really interested in hearing your opinion on what the ride height is like one you've got it all fitted, seeing as my ride height increased by about 10mm with this same setup?!?!

Reactions: BadBoy03

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I'm really interested in hearing your opinion on what the ride height is like one you've got it all fitted, seeing as my ride height increased by about 10mm with this same setup?!?!
Will do, should all be on by Thursday. I'm honestly quite happy if I end up same ride height but newer, better ride quality and less roll as the stock car catches most speed bumps when my lowered gt86 doesn't hit anything. I cant even get it down a ramp to my garage

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
My TCS was playing up last night so whipped my wheels off to reveal a cable has rubbed through on part of the tyre because it popped out the cable guide. Greaaaaaat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woody_72

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Took the glove box out to fit new blower motor and resistor pack.
Fitted fan but the resistor was wrong. Proper one coming tomorrow hopefully.
Whilst i was there i removed the 6 disc changer as thats not working (cartridge keeps popping out).
Took that to bits but couldnt find the problem so will be on the lookout for a replacement at some point soon.

Rich

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Guess what part of the leon I was working on this morning. What a ball ache this job is
d6aab85ad0c379f37d8f8b8de1bf246f.jpg

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Guess what part of the leon I was working on this morning. What a ball ache this job is
d6aab85ad0c379f37d8f8b8de1bf246f.jpg

Removing front struts...horrific job without a hub spreader, piece of piss with one though.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Removing front struts...horrific job without a hub spreader, piece of piss with one though.

I was hoping the same but it was a pain to get enough downwards movement to get the old unit out with the driveshaft bottoming out on the subframe. Either that or rust as the old one went all the way down apart from the last 3mm and then wouldn't budge down or back out for ages! If I ever do a mk4 platform car again I will take the hub off first and do it off the car.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Removed my front pipe exhaust mount as it was rattling now no rattling from the car on tick over and running
Refitted the boost pipe to turbo as it almost blew off the clamp was not tight enough guess I forgot to nip it up
Blew all tyres up to correct pressure

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Waiting for the rain to stop so I can fit the replacement kick plate I got for a tenner off ebay.

I broke it about twelve years ago but never knew what it was called or what the part number was. 1M2863484B for anyone who's interested.

I can't begin to tell you how much that cracked part has bothered me over the years. I even remember how I broke it - I was taking off my jacket while I was crawling in traffic and while I was shifting my weight I trod on it and it split it clean in two.

Please someone tell me I'm not the only person who gets so worked up about these kinds of things?

Reactions: Yellow fr

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Waiting for the rain to stop so I can fit the replacement kick plate I got for a tenner off ebay.

I broke it about twelve years ago but never knew what it was called or what the part number was. 1M2863484B for anyone who's interested.

I can't begin to tell you how much that cracked part has bothered me over the years. I even remember how I broke it - I was taking off my jacket while I was crawling in traffic and while I was shifting my weight I trod on it and it split it clean in two.

Please someone tell me I'm not the only person who gets so worked up about these kinds of things?

I’m the same

Reactions: iammooks